Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP-FrontPage

ASP-FrontPage

Dan

Trying to setup an ASP project and a FrontPage project under a personal
server talking to an Access database all on my hard disk running Windows XP
Pro. I have the components:

a web server under which I can run the FrontPage project
a Visual Basic ASP.NET project which it insisted on installing under a
different web server
an Access database
..NET framework is installed (don't ask me where)
Frontpage extensions are installed (don't ask me where)
IIS is installed (don't ask me where)

Are there instructions somewhere as to how to bring (or install) everything
that is needed to make this work??? Thanks.

Jeff Cochran

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:42:55 -0800, "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Trying to setup an ASP project and a FrontPage project under a personal
>server talking to an Access database all on my hard disk running Windows XP
>Pro. I have the components:
>
>a web server under which I can run the FrontPage project
>a Visual Basic ASP.NET project which it insisted on installing under a
>different web server
>an Access database
>.NET framework is installed (don't ask me where)
>Frontpage extensions are installed (don't ask me where)
>IIS is installed (don't ask me where)
>
>Are there instructions somewhere as to how to bring (or install) everything
>that is needed to make this work???

You'll want to try the DotNet groups, this group deals with ASP
Classic. And pretty much, you've installed everything necessary
according to your list, so when you post to the DotNet groups (the
ones with dotnet in the name...) tell them why you think your projrct
doesn't work.

Jeff