Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > javascript or js in asp

javascript or js in asp

eXistenZ|

i'm looking for a prog in js or javascript who cas disable a key on
keyborad??

how can i do it plz?

Rob Meade

"eXistenZ|" wrote ...

> i'm looking for a prog in js or javascript who cas disable a key on
> keyborad??
>
> how can i do it plz?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...vascript&meta=

Third one down looks promising.

Regards

Rob

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|" <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:OdtL3$6#(E-Mail Removed):

> i'm looking for a prog in js or javascript who cas disable a key on
> keyborad??
>
> how can i do it plz?

Why would you want to do that? Why on earth would you want to disable a
key on MY keyboard? Did you know that I might have certain keys or key
combinations already programmed to do certain things to make my life
easier, and that disabling this key will make those things not work? Did
you think I might be differently abled or disabled and not use a mouse,
so the keyboard is my only means of navigation?

Please think before you do this. It is a BAD idea.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Bob Lehmann

Plz, y wld u wnt 2 do smthg lk ths?

Also, ths snt txt msgng on a phn. u cn us all the lttrs n th lfubt & it wnt
cst xtra.

Bob Lehmann

"eXistenZ|" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OdtL3$6%(E-Mail Removed)...
> i'm looking for a prog in js or javascript who cas disable a key on
> keyborad??
>
> how can i do it plz?

eXistenZ|

i just want to disable "erase" key, and i dont thing that you'll program
this key!!!!!!

and i thaught before !!! and in my program it's not a bad idea, so thing
next time before saying anything

thx

"Adrienne" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
Xns95E09F52A9AA2arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...
> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> writing in news:OdtL3$6#(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > i'm looking for a prog in js or javascript who cas disable a key on
> > keyborad??
> >
> > how can i do it plz?
> >

> Why would you want to do that? Why on earth would you want to disable a
> key on MY keyboard? Did you know that I might have certain keys or key
> combinations already programmed to do certain things to make my life
> easier, and that disabling this key will make those things not work? Did
> you think I might be differently abled or disabled and not use a mouse,
> so the keyboard is my only means of navigation?
>
> Please think before you do this. It is a BAD idea.
>
> --
> Adrienne Boswell
> http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|" <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:uZSM4OG$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Adrienne" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> Xns95E09F52A9AA2arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...
>> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
>> news:OdtL3$6#(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > i'm looking for a prog in js or javascript who cas disable a key on
>> > keyborad??
>> >
>> > how can i do it plz?
>> >

>> Why would you want to do that? Why on earth would you want to disable
>> a key on MY keyboard? Did you know that I might have certain keys or
>> key combinations already programmed to do certain things to make my
>> life easier, and that disabling this key will make those things not
>> work? Did you think I might be differently abled or disabled and not
>> use a mouse, so the keyboard is my only means of navigation?
>>
>> Please think before you do this. It is a BAD idea.
>>

> i just want to disable "erase" key, and i dont thing that you'll
> program this key!!!!!!
>
> and i thaught before !!! and in my program it's not a bad idea, so
> thing
> next time before saying anything

There is no "erase" key, so I am assuming you are talking about the
Backspace key. Well, that key IS used for navigation by browsers. It is
used in lieu of the Back Button on the browser, for users who may or may
not have a mouse. So, you are trying to keep users from going back in
history, eh? Is this because of a form that is losing data?

Now, if you are talking about the Delete key, again, if I make a mistake in
a text input field, how am I supposed to erase it?

Rethink your application.
--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

eXistenZ|

there is no text input in the page where i'm trying to disable, i dont want
that the user go back!!!that's all !!! you're are imagining anything!!!

"Adrienne" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
Xns95E0ED9537E88arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...
> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> writing in news:uZSM4OG$(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > "Adrienne" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> > Xns95E09F52A9AA2arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...
> >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|"
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
> >> news:OdtL3$6#(E-Mail Removed):

> >> Why would you want to do that? Why on earth would you want to disable
> >> a key on MY keyboard? Did you know that I might have certain keys or
> >> key combinations already programmed to do certain things to make my
> >> life easier, and that disabling this key will make those things not
> >> work? Did you think I might be differently abled or disabled and not
> >> use a mouse, so the keyboard is my only means of navigation?
> >>
> >> Please think before you do this. It is a BAD idea.
> >>

> > i just want to disable "erase" key, and i dont thing that you'll
> > program this key!!!!!!
> >
> > and i thaught before !!! and in my program it's not a bad idea, so
> > thing
> > next time before saying anything
> >

> There is no "erase" key, so I am assuming you are talking about the
> Backspace key. Well, that key IS used for navigation by browsers. It is
> used in lieu of the Back Button on the browser, for users who may or may
> not have a mouse. So, you are trying to keep users from going back in
> history, eh? Is this because of a form that is losing data?
>
> Now, if you are talking about the Delete key, again, if I make a mistake

in
> a text input field, how am I supposed to erase it?
>
> Rethink your application.
> --
> Adrienne Boswell
> http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|" <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:#TEtQnG$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Adrienne" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> Xns95E0ED9537E88arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...
>> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
>> news:uZSM4OG$(E-Mail Removed):
>>

>> > "Adrienne" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
>> > news: Xns95E09F52A9AA2arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...

>> > i just want to disable "erase" key, and i dont thing that you'll
>> > program this key!!!!!!
>> >
>> > and i thaught before !!! and in my program it's not a bad idea, so
>> > thing
>> > next time before saying anything
>> >

>> There is no "erase" key, so I am assuming you are talking about the
>> Backspace key. Well, that key IS used for navigation by browsers. It
>> is used in lieu of the Back Button on the browser, for users who may
>> or may not have a mouse. So, you are trying to keep users from going
>> back in history, eh? Is this because of a form that is losing data?
>>
>> Now, if you are talking about the Delete key, again, if I make a
>> mistake in a text input field, how am I supposed to erase it?
>>
>> Rethink your application.

> there is no text input in the page where i'm trying to disable, i dont
> want that the user go back!!!that's all !!! you're are imagining
> anything!!!

Why do you not want the user to be able to go back? Trust me, if a user
really wants to go back, they will. If this is going to break your
application, then you have to debug the application, not use a kludge
that's doomed to fail anyway.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Roland Hall

"Adrienne" wrote in message
news:Xns95E1BC093FB0arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158. ..
: Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|" <(E-Mail Removed)>
: writing in news:#TEtQnG$(E-Mail Removed):
: >
: > "Adrienne" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
: > Xns95E0ED9537E88arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...
: >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|"
: >> <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
: >> news:uZSM4OG$(E-Mail Removed):
: >>
: >> >
: >> > "Adrienne" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
: >> > news: Xns95E09F52A9AA2arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...
: >> >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|"
: >> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
: >> >> news:OdtL3$6#(E-Mail Removed):
: >> >>
: >> >> > i'm looking for a prog in js or javascript who cas disable a key
: >> >> > on keyborad??
: >> >> >
: >> >> > how can i do it plz?
: >> >> >
: >> >> >
: >> >>
:
: > there is no text input in the page where i'm trying to disable, i dont
: > want that the user go back!!!that's all !!! you're are imagining
: > anything!!!
: >
: >
:
: Why do you not want the user to be able to go back? Trust me, if a user
: really wants to go back, they will. If this is going to break your
: application, then you have to debug the application, not use a kludge
: that's doomed to fail anyway.
:

So the ALT+LEFTARROW, BACKSPACE, BACK BUTTON, etc. But the back button
cannot be controlled to perhaps removing the item from history might be
better or not caching the page in the first place so if they go back, they
would have to report the data to see the page again.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

CJM

"Bob Lehmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:um2KI0C$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Plz, y wld u wnt 2 do smthg lk ths?
>
> Also, ths snt txt msgng on a phn. u cn us all the lttrs n th lfubt & it
> wnt
> cst xtra.
>
> Bob Lehmann

Classic.