Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Popup window to raise event in parent window...can it be done???

Popup window to raise event in parent window...can it be done???

Earl Teigrob

I am thinking about using a popup window to edit settings that will affect
parent asp.net page. The data that is changed in the popup window will be
saved to the datastore that is loaded and displayed by the parent page. In
order to refresh the parent page, I would like to raise an event in the
popup (child) page that is subscribed to by the parent so that I can rebind
the data in the parent page once the data in the child window data is saved.
Can anyone give my any advice on accomplishing this? Some code samples
would be great also, if anyone has done this.

Thanks in advance

Earl

Ashish M Bhonkiya

Hi Earl,

You need to do it using window.opener in the childwindow to post the parent
form.
Not sure if we have other better options too.

Cheers
Ashish M Bhonkiya

"Earl Teigrob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am thinking about using a popup window to edit settings that will affect
> parent asp.net page. The data that is changed in the popup window will be
> saved to the datastore that is loaded and displayed by the parent page. In
> order to refresh the parent page, I would like to raise an event in the
> popup (child) page that is subscribed to by the parent so that I can

rebind
> the data in the parent page once the data in the child window data is

saved.
> Can anyone give my any advice on accomplishing this? Some code samples
> would be great also, if anyone has done this.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Earl

Earl Teigrob

"Ashish M Bhonkiya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Earl,
>
> You need to do it using window.opener in the childwindow to post the

parent
> form.
> Not sure if we have other better options too.
>
> Cheers
> Ashish M Bhonkiya
>
> "Earl Teigrob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am thinking about using a popup window to edit settings that will

affect
> > parent asp.net page. The data that is changed in the popup window will

be
> > saved to the datastore that is loaded and displayed by the parent page.

In
> > order to refresh the parent page, I would like to raise an event in the
> > popup (child) page that is subscribed to by the parent so that I can

> rebind
> > the data in the parent page once the data in the child window data is

> saved.
> > Can anyone give my any advice on accomplishing this? Some code samples
> > would be great also, if anyone has done this.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Earl

Earl Teigrob

Thanks Ashish...but I figured that much. I could really use some info on
raising an event in the child window that calls the event handler in the
parent window. Any ideas???

Earl

"Ashish M Bhonkiya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Earl,
>
> You need to do it using window.opener in the childwindow to post the

parent
> form.
> Not sure if we have other better options too.
>
> Cheers
> Ashish M Bhonkiya
>
> "Earl Teigrob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am thinking about using a popup window to edit settings that will

affect
> > parent asp.net page. The data that is changed in the popup window will

be
> > saved to the datastore that is loaded and displayed by the parent page.

In
> > order to refresh the parent page, I would like to raise an event in the
> > popup (child) page that is subscribed to by the parent so that I can

> rebind
> > the data in the parent page once the data in the child window data is

> saved.
> > Can anyone give my any advice on accomplishing this? Some code samples
> > would be great also, if anyone has done this.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Earl

Vidar Petursson

Hi

Call a function
window.opener.FUNCTION();
Click a btn
window.opener.document.forms[0].BUTTONNAME.click();
Reload opener
window.opener.location.reload(true);

--
Best Regards
Vidar Petursson

No matter where you go there you are

Raise X or Raise X()? bvdp Python 10 03-12-2012 04:08 PM
"raise (type, value, traceback)" and "raise type, value, traceback" Jack Bates Python 0 05-02-2011 05:23 PM
raise Exception or raise Exception() ernest Python 2 11-14-2010 08:14 PM
raise or not to raise [Newbie] Jacol Python 5 02-05-2007 11:46 PM
Solution: Raising an Event Handler Postback on Parent Window From Popup Child Window Dialog Box Earl Teigrob ASP .Net 1 06-16-2004 04:19 PM

Advertisments