Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > response

response

Vinaya

Hi
In my html page to update a table I am forwarding request to a ASP apge bys
using form.action="test.asp", and form.submit(). In asp I am doing database
update. Response of this I want to show alert box to user whether operation
is succesful. I donot want ot redirect to some other page and I do not want
to disturn existing view. I mean I want get only response such as true or
false and based on respose I will display alert in front end.
I want some thing like this,

form.action="test.asp";
var result=form.submit()
if( result="successfull")
alert("Succesful")
else
alert("failed")

I am new to ASP.

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?VmluYXlh?= wrote on 14 jan 2005 in

> Hi
> In my html page to update a table I am forwarding request to a ASP
> apge bys using form.action="test.asp", and form.submit(). In asp I am
> doing database update. Response of this I want to show alert box to
> user whether operation is succesful. I donot want ot redirect to some
> other page and I do not want to disturn existing view. I mean I want
> get only response such as true or false and based on respose I will
> display alert in front end. I want some thing like this,
>
> form.action="test.asp";
> var result=form.submit()
> if( result="successfull")
> alert("Succesful")
> else
> alert("failed")
>
> I am new to ASP.

I guessed so.

The above is all clientside coding,
and form.action is not a function that returns a value.

ASP runs on the server so only gets the input values
from the submitted form and can process that
and can return a new page conditional on those values to the client.

page1.asp:

<form method='post' action='page2.asp'>
<input type='text' name='myValue' value=''>
</form>

page2.asp

<% 'serverside ASP VBscript

v = request.form("myValue")

t = "You form-posted " & v & " to the server<br>"

response.write t

%>

--
Evertjan.