Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Pass to two Frames

Pass to two Frames

Dthmtlgod

I want to pass the value to two frames and two pages after hitting the
submit button

If my form I have this
<form method="get" action="search2.asp" target="fSearch2">
I want to pass crPN to below as well
action="search3.asp" target="fSearch3"

I am having a little problem figuring this out.

Thanks in advance
DV

Lance Wynn

You will need to use some Javascript to do this.
one way is in the onclick event of a button, call form.submit() for both
forms.
This method assumes that the browser has Javascript enabled.

Another way, may be to post to the parent page, and then pass the values you
need to the iFrame pages in the src property as a query string. This would
not require the use of javascript, but you will be limited in the amount of
data you can pass.

There are probably plenty more ways to do this too.

"Dthmtlgod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ef8gyEQ%(E-Mail Removed)...
I want to pass the value to two frames and two pages after hitting the
submit button

If my form I have this
<form method="get" action="search2.asp" target="fSearch2">
I want to pass crPN to below as well
action="search3.asp" target="fSearch3"

I am having a little problem figuring this out.

Thanks in advance
DV

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Lance Wynn wrote:
> You will need to use some Javascript to do this.

You mean client-side code ...

Javascript can be used in server-side code.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Lance Wynn

Touche' Bob... Touche'

news:efZulEX%(E-Mail Removed)...
Lance Wynn wrote:
> You will need to use some Javascript to do this.

You mean client-side code ...

Javascript can be used in server-side code.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Frames and borders around specific frames meyousikmann@yahoo.com HTML 1 02-10-2006 11:12 PM
Having a Problem Trying to call two html iles to be loaded into two different frames Jofio Javascript 3 10-09-2005 09:50 AM
Frames or not Frames... Ale HTML 17 08-05-2005 12:10 AM
Link needed to go from a non-frames page to a Frames page, and load a particular frame. How? - Newbe Philip HTML 3 06-28-2004 03:06 PM
From Frames to no frames? Powerslave2112 HTML 2 01-20-2004 10:30 PM

Advertisments