Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP Access stored procedure doesn't accept leading zero

ASP Access stored procedure doesn't accept leading zero

Jeff Lowry

I'm pasing a zip code as a prameter to an Access stored procedure. In
Access the parameter is a text data type. It works for non-leading zero
zip codes but, apparently access (or ASP) is converting it to a value
first (dropping the zero) then sending that to my SP. Even if I use
cStr() to be sure the parameter is sent a string it still seems to drop
the leading zero. Any thoughts? Note: It needs to be a string for
canadian zip codes. Thanks!

DEVBuilder.org, http://www.DEVBuilder.org
ASP,ASP.NET,VB.NET,PHP,Java,and SQL Support, all in one place.

Jeff Lowry

I had 2 parameters in my stored procedure. If I put the "text" one
before the "long" one then it worked. Can't argue with success.

DEVBuilder.org, http://www.DEVBuilder.org
ASP,ASP.NET,VB.NET,PHP,Java,and SQL Support, all in one place.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Jeff Lowry wrote:
> I had 2 parameters in my stored procedure. If I put the "text" one
> before the "long" one then it worked. Can't argue with success.

You need to supply te parameters in the same order that Access prompts you
for them when you test the saved query in Access.

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=eE...&output=gplain

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

All leading tabs or all leading spaces - why isn't that enforced? John Nagle Python 4 08-07-2007 04:05 PM
RE: All leading tabs or all leading spaces - why isn't that enforced? Delaney, Timothy (Tim) Python 0 08-07-2007 03:50 AM
add leading zero tshad ASP .Net 2 11-09-2005 04:43 AM
newbie - integer variable with leading zero for os.makedirs james Python 2 12-02-2003 06:43 AM

Advertisments