Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > CreateTextFile deny on IIS

CreateTextFile deny on IIS

Séverine Donnay

Hi,

I develop a website on my local computer in ASP/SQL SERVER 2000 in XP PRO
OS. The CreateTextFile, DeleteFile and OpenTextFile (for appending and also
just for reading) functions doesn't work. I had done all security rights
from IIS (read, write, execute) and I shared the folder with all rights in
reading, writing and executing. I don't understand why this functions
doesn't work. I have no error display but the script never stop.
Do you have any idea ?
Thanks.
SD

Steven Burn

We won't have any idea until you post the script your using..........

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

"Séverine Donnay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ag_Dd.37032$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi,
>
> I develop a website on my local computer in ASP/SQL SERVER 2000 in XP PRO
> OS. The CreateTextFile, DeleteFile and OpenTextFile (for appending and

also
> just for reading) functions doesn't work. I had done all security rights
> from IIS (read, write, execute) and I shared the folder with all rights in
> reading, writing and executing. I don't understand why this functions
> doesn't work. I have no error display but the script never stop.
> Do you have any idea ?
> Thanks.
> SD

Séverine Donnay

oups, sorry, this is my code :

Set MyFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set MyXLFile = MyFSO.CreateTextFile(MyFilePath)

"Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> We won't have any idea until you post the script your using..........
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Steven Burn
> Ur I.T. Mate Group
> www.it-mate.co.uk
>
> Keeping it FREE!
>
> "Séverine Donnay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Ag_Dd.37032$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I develop a website on my local computer in ASP/SQL SERVER 2000 in XP

PRO
> > OS. The CreateTextFile, DeleteFile and OpenTextFile (for appending and

> also
> > just for reading) functions doesn't work. I had done all security rights
> > from IIS (read, write, execute) and I shared the folder with all rights

in
> > reading, writing and executing. I don't understand why this functions
> > doesn't work. I have no error display but the script never stop.
> > Do you have any idea ?
> > Thanks.
> > SD

Steven Burn

And MyFilePath contains?

As an FYI, info on using this method can be found at MSDN;

http://surl.co.uk/?1092

Original URL:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/script56/ht
ml/jsmthcreatetextfile.asp

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

"Séverine Donnay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0F_Dd.37066$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> oups, sorry, this is my code :
>
> Set MyFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> Set MyXLFile = MyFSO.CreateTextFile(MyFilePath)
>

> "Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> (E-Mail Removed)...
> > We won't have any idea until you post the script your using..........
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Steven Burn
> > Ur I.T. Mate Group
> > www.it-mate.co.uk
> >
> > Keeping it FREE!
> >
> > "Séverine Donnay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Ag_Dd.37032$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I develop a website on my local computer in ASP/SQL SERVER 2000 in XP

> PRO
> > > OS. The CreateTextFile, DeleteFile and OpenTextFile (for appending

and
> > also
> > > just for reading) functions doesn't work. I had done all security

rights
> > > from IIS (read, write, execute) and I shared the folder with all

rights
> in
> > > reading, writing and executing. I don't understand why this functions
> > > doesn't work. I have no error display but the script never stop.
> > > Do you have any idea ?
> > > Thanks.
> > > SD

Séverine Donnay

MyFilePath = Server.MapPath(".") & "\csv\myfile.csv"

"Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
(E-Mail Removed)...
> And MyFilePath contains?
>
> As an FYI, info on using this method can be found at MSDN;
>
> http://surl.co.uk/?1092
>
> Original URL:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/script56/ht
> ml/jsmthcreatetextfile.asp
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Steven Burn
> Ur I.T. Mate Group
> www.it-mate.co.uk
>
> Keeping it FREE!
>
> "Séverine Donnay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:0F_Dd.37066$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > oups, sorry, this is my code :
> >
> > Set MyFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> > Set MyXLFile = MyFSO.CreateTextFile(MyFilePath)
> >

> > "Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de

> > (E-Mail Removed)...
> > > We won't have any idea until you post the script your using..........
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Steven Burn
> > > Ur I.T. Mate Group
> > > www.it-mate.co.uk
> > >
> > > Keeping it FREE!
> > >
> > > "Séverine Donnay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:Ag_Dd.37032$(E-Mail Removed) ...

XP
> > PRO

> and
> > > also

> rights

> rights
> > in

functions

Steven Burn

Change that to;

MyFilePath = Server.MapPath("./csv/myfile.csv")

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

"Séverine Donnay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jv%Dd.37144$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> MyFilePath = Server.MapPath(".") & "\csv\myfile.csv"
>
> "Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> (E-Mail Removed)...
> > And MyFilePath contains?
> >
> > As an FYI, info on using this method can be found at MSDN;
> >
> > http://surl.co.uk/?1092
> >
> > Original URL:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/script56/ht
> > ml/jsmthcreatetextfile.asp
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Steven Burn
> > Ur I.T. Mate Group
> > www.it-mate.co.uk
> >
> > Keeping it FREE!
> >
> > "Séverine Donnay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:0F_Dd.37066$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > > oups, sorry, this is my code :
> > >
> > > Set MyFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> > > Set MyXLFile = MyFSO.CreateTextFile(MyFilePath)
> > >

> > > "Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de

> > > (E-Mail Removed)...

using..........

> XP
> > > PRO

appending
> > and

> > rights

> > rights
> > > in

> functions

Séverine Donnay

It doesn't work.
In fact this line " if MyFSO.FileExists(MyFilePath) = True Then " works
But not this one " Set MyXLFile = MyFSO.CreateTextFile(MyFilePath) "

"Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
(E-Mail Removed)...
> Change that to;
>
> MyFilePath = Server.MapPath("./csv/myfile.csv")
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Steven Burn
> Ur I.T. Mate Group
> www.it-mate.co.uk
>
> Keeping it FREE!
>
> "Séverine Donnay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jv%Dd.37144$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> >
> > MyFilePath = Server.MapPath(".") & "\csv\myfile.csv"
> >
> > "Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de

> > (E-Mail Removed)...
> > > And MyFilePath contains?
> > >
> > > As an FYI, info on using this method can be found at MSDN;
> > >
> > > http://surl.co.uk/?1092
> > >
> > > Original URL:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/script56/ht
> > > ml/jsmthcreatetextfile.asp
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Steven Burn
> > > Ur I.T. Mate Group
> > > www.it-mate.co.uk
> > >
> > > Keeping it FREE!
> > >
> > > "Séverine Donnay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:0F_Dd.37066$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> using..........

in
> > XP

> appending
> > > and

security
> > > rights
> > > rights

> > functions

Steven Burn

Can you post the whole of your code so I can check it on my machine?

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

"Séverine Donnay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qY%Dd.37154$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> It doesn't work.
> In fact this line " if MyFSO.FileExists(MyFilePath) = True Then " works
> But not this one " Set MyXLFile = MyFSO.CreateTextFile(MyFilePath) "
>

> "Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> (E-Mail Removed)...
> > Change that to;
> >
> > MyFilePath = Server.MapPath("./csv/myfile.csv")
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Steven Burn
> > Ur I.T. Mate Group
> > www.it-mate.co.uk
> >
> > Keeping it FREE!
> >
> > "Séverine Donnay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:jv%Dd.37144$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > >
> > > MyFilePath = Server.MapPath(".") & "\csv\myfile.csv"
> > >
> > > "Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de

> > > (E-Mail Removed)...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/script56/ht

de

> > using..........

2000
> in
> > > XP

> > appending

> security

all
> > > functions

stop.

Séverine Donnay

MyFilePath = Server.MapPath("./csv/smart_myfile.csv")

Dim xlStr
Dim MyFSO

Set MyFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

if MyFSO.FileExists(MyFilePath) = True Then
Set fileObject = MyFSO.GetFile(MyFilePath)
fileObject.Delete
Set fileObject = Nothing
end if

Dim MyXLFile
Set MyXLFile = MyFSO.CreateTextFile(MyFilePath)
MyXLFile.WriteLine "test"
MyXLFile.Close
Set MyXLFile = Nothing

#(E-Mail Removed)...