Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > how can I change the http_referer when using response.redirect

how can I change the http_referer when using response.redirect

alex p

I have create a website that links to other websites, using a
response.redirect("URL_OF_WEBSITE")
For some reason I have managed to get on top at Google, with these pages
that only redirect to a website of an affiliate program of mine.

The problem now is that the affiliate program thinks that Google is the
referer instead of me. What can I do to prevent this.

Is there a way to somehow alter the change the HTTP_REFERER when I use
Response.redirect?

This is an example: <a
href="http://www.willemstad.net/Autoverhuur+Portal+van+Curacao.1009.htm"
>http://www.willemstad.net/Autoverhuur+Portal+van+Curacao.1009.htm</a>

Regards,

Alex

Bob Lehmann

If they click the link on Google, Google *is* the referrer.

If you don't want your referring pages listed in search engines add <meta
name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow"> to the pages you don't want
indexed.

Bob Lehmann

"alex p" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have create a website that links to other websites, using a
> response.redirect("URL_OF_WEBSITE")
> For some reason I have managed to get on top at Google, with these pages
> that only redirect to a website of an affiliate program of mine.
>
> The problem now is that the affiliate program thinks that Google is the
> referer instead of me. What can I do to prevent this.
>
> Is there a way to somehow alter the change the HTTP_REFERER when I use
> Response.redirect?
>
> This is an example: <a
> href="http://www.willemstad.net/Autoverhuur+Portal+van+Curacao.1009.htm"
> >http://www.willemstad.net/Autoverhuur+Portal+van+Curacao.1009.htm</a>

> Regards,
>
> Alex

alex p

Of course I'm the referer and not Google, they come to my website which
then redirects them to the affiliate program.