Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > "operation is not allowed when the object is closed" error when using VBA online help -- Resolution

"operation is not allowed when the object is closed" error when using VBA online help -- Resolution

TC

Hey Folks,

While coding in VBA, I had been receiving script errors when attempting to utilize the online help from within the VBA IDE.

After fiddling with security settings and much searching for KB Articles as well as Googling newsgroups archives all to no avail, I finally discovered the resolution to this issue.

From within Internet Explorer, under "Tools" and "Internet Options" and "General", run the "Delete Files" under the "Temporary Internet Files" section.

For those of you who have ever experienced the Internet Explorer problem whereby "View" and "Source" does nothing, the above should resolve that issue as well.

Cheers,

TC

madhouse

I've just spent 14 hours trying to resolve same problem!
Help uses compiled html and requires IE! If IE settings corrupt help don't
work...clever!
Just deleting internet temp files may not work. If in internet options you
find you cannot change the cache size and/or the temp internet files folder
is blank you will need to re-install IE6. Not easy as its embedded in Win XP!
Only way to do this is:

Win XP CD in drive
run command : "SFC /scannow". This checks all files and settins against
correct originals on cd. When done you will need to re-install updates of MS
web site.

Madhouse