Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Converting Word docs to PDF

Converting Word docs to PDF

Drew

Here at work, we have 2 copies of our policies and procedures. We have a
Word format, and a PDF format. The problem is that when a policy is changed
(there is a commitee meeting every month), the Word doc file is updated, and
then a different user has to convert it to PDF (We only have 2 licenses for
Acrobat). I would like to try to develop a solution, where the user updates
the doc file, and then goes to a page on our intranet, where they check the
boxes beside of the policy and click Convert, then it would convert the doc
file to PDF. The policies are in a "public" folder, so the directory
structure would be the same everytime. Are there are any tutorials or
examples for converting docs to PDF?

Thanks,
Drew

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

You'd want to use a component for this such as Active PDF.
http://www.activepdf.com/

Ray at work

"Drew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Here at work, we have 2 copies of our policies and procedures. We have a
> Word format, and a PDF format. The problem is that when a policy is

changed
> (there is a commitee meeting every month), the Word doc file is updated,

and
> then a different user has to convert it to PDF (We only have 2 licenses

for
> Acrobat). I would like to try to develop a solution, where the user

updates
> the doc file, and then goes to a page on our intranet, where they check

the
> boxes beside of the policy and click Convert, then it would convert the

doc
> file to PDF. The policies are in a "public" folder, so the directory
> structure would be the same everytime. Are there are any tutorials or
> examples for converting docs to PDF?
>
> Thanks,
> Drew

Drew

Wow! That stuff seems pretty high. Does anyone know of a cheaper solution?

Thanks,
Drew Laing

message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You'd want to use a component for this such as Active PDF.
> http://www.activepdf.com/
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Drew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Here at work, we have 2 copies of our policies and procedures. We have a
>> Word format, and a PDF format. The problem is that when a policy is

> changed
>> (there is a commitee meeting every month), the Word doc file is updated,

> and
>> then a different user has to convert it to PDF (We only have 2 licenses

> for
>> Acrobat). I would like to try to develop a solution, where the user

> updates
>> the doc file, and then goes to a page on our intranet, where they check

> the
>> boxes beside of the policy and click Convert, then it would convert the

> doc
>> file to PDF. The policies are in a "public" folder, so the directory
>> structure would be the same everytime. Are there are any tutorials or
>> examples for converting docs to PDF?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Drew

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Other options here. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2207

Ray at work

"Drew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wow! That stuff seems pretty high. Does anyone know of a cheaper

solution?

> Thanks,
> Drew Laing

> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You'd want to use a component for this such as Active PDF.
> > http://www.activepdf.com/

Drew

Thanks!

Drew