Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > msxml3.dll error '80072efd'

msxml3.dll error '80072efd'

delraydog@gmail.com

I'm having a problem on Windows 2003 Server with this script. It
appears to be a problem with MS XML 4.0 as this code was working fine
under MS XML 3.0 and Windows XP or 2000. Any ideas? The purpose of the
script is to act as a 'proxy' and send a POST or GET to another URL but
return the response through the ASP page as if the ASP page handled the
request:

<%@language=JScript%>
<%
var objSrvHTTP=Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHT TP");
var url="http://someurl"

if (Request.ServerVariables("REQUEST_METHOD")=="POST" ) {
var DataToSend = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes);
objSrvHTTP.open("POST",url,false);
objSrvHTTP.setRequestHeader("Content-type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
objSrvHTTP.send(DataToSend);
} else {
objSrvHTTP.open("GET",url+"?"+Request.ServerVariab les("QUERY_STRING"),false);
objSrvHTTP.send();
}
Response.Write(objSrvHTTP.responseText);
%>

Cliff.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I'm having a problem on Windows 2003 Server with this script. It
> appears to be a problem with MS XML 4.0 as this code was working fine
> under MS XML 3.0 and Windows XP or 2000. Any ideas? The purpose of the
> script is to act as a 'proxy' and send a POST or GET to another URL
> but return the response through the ASP page as if the ASP page
> handled the request:

Could you provide a better description of the symptoms you are experiencing?
Not all of us have all the error codes memorized ...

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

delraydog@gmail.com

I have a simple HTML form which performs a POST to myproxy.asp. When
myproxy.asp executes it encounters an HTTP error 500 msxml3.dll error
'80072efd' on the send command. There is no more documentation or
explanation for the error message than that. The microsoft docs on the
issue are little 'light' as well so I don't know what could be causing
this error. I've made sure ASP script debugging is disabled, made sure
scripting is enabled, verified that the URL that I am connecting to in
the asp page is accessible from the server, etc.

Thanks for any assistance.

Cliff.

Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I'm having a problem on Windows 2003 Server with this script. It
> > appears to be a problem with MS XML 4.0 as this code was working

fine
> > under MS XML 3.0 and Windows XP or 2000. Any ideas? The purpose of

the
> > script is to act as a 'proxy' and send a POST or GET to another URL
> > but return the response through the ASP page as if the ASP page
> > handled the request:
> >

> Could you provide a better description of the symptoms you are

experiencing?
> Not all of us have all the error codes memorized ...
>
> Bob Barrows
> --
> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
> header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get

Bob Barrows [MVP]

I've never run into this error, but check out the results of this google
search:
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...=1&sa=N&tab=wg

Bob Barrows
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have a simple HTML form which performs a POST to myproxy.asp. When
> myproxy.asp executes it encounters an HTTP error 500 msxml3.dll error
> '80072efd' on the send command. There is no more documentation or
> explanation for the error message than that. The microsoft docs on the
> issue are little 'light' as well so I don't know what could be causing
> this error. I've made sure ASP script debugging is disabled, made sure
> scripting is enabled, verified that the URL that I am connecting to in
> the asp page is accessible from the server, etc.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Cliff.
>
> Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> I'm having a problem on Windows 2003 Server with this script. It
>>> appears to be a problem with MS XML 4.0 as this code was working
>>> fine under MS XML 3.0 and Windows XP or 2000. Any ideas? The
>>> purpose of the script is to act as a 'proxy' and send a POST or GET
>>> to another URL but return the response through the ASP page as if
>>> the ASP page handled the request:
>>>

>> Could you provide a better description of the symptoms you are
>> experiencing? Not all of us have all the error codes memorized ...
>>
>> Bob Barrows
>> --
>> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET