Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP HTTP Upload Component

ASP HTTP Upload Component

Uncle Ben

Is there any good and reliable Upload Component for ASP (or ASP.NET)? I
need one which provides an upload status bar.

As well, it must be able to handle more than 4 gigabytes of data transfer.
Internet connections can be unreliable at times. This component needs to be
able to resume broken uploads.

Thank you for your recommendations.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

"Uncle Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OZ2sy$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any good and reliable Upload Component for ASP (or ASP.NET)? I
> need one which provides an upload status bar.

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2189
ASP Upload is the one that I've used. It has progress bar scripting built
in. http://support.persits.com/upload/progress.asp

> As well, it must be able to handle more than 4 gigabytes of data transfer.

8| 4GB? I don't know that http is the protocol you want to be using
here...

> Internet connections can be unreliable at times. This component needs to
> be
> able to resume broken uploads.

I don't believe that you'll be able to do that regardless of what component
you use, unless you wind up going with a browser plugin for the upload
portion as opposed to using a <input type="file">.

Have you considered FTP or providing VPN access to the server that people
need to put files on?

Ray at home

Uncle Ben

I need the users to enter a number of fields to describe the file that they
are about to upload. If I use FTP upload, would I be able to do this type
of FORM processing?

For example, using HTTP Upload, I can have a number of fields and a FILE
BROWSE button all on the same form. The user fills out the form and browses
for the file and clicks a single SUBMIT button to start the uploading.

But if I use FTP, would I be able to achieve the same effect as above?

message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Uncle Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OZ2sy$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is there any good and reliable Upload Component for ASP (or ASP.NET)? I
> > need one which provides an upload status bar.

> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2189
> ASP Upload is the one that I've used. It has progress bar scripting built
> in. http://support.persits.com/upload/progress.asp
>

> > As well, it must be able to handle more than 4 gigabytes of data

transfer.

> 8| 4GB? I don't know that http is the protocol you want to be using
> here...
>
> > Internet connections can be unreliable at times. This component needs

> > be
> > able to resume broken uploads.

> I don't believe that you'll be able to do that regardless of what

component
> you use, unless you wind up going with a browser plugin for the upload
> portion as opposed to using a <input type="file">.
>
> Have you considered FTP or providing VPN access to the server that people
> need to put files on?
>
> Ray at home

Gérard Leclercq

Free and good component on www.dundas.com

Sven Pernils

Best and cheapest upload component, with the ability to show upload progress
is Persist Software AspUpload. Works like a charm. You can find it at
www.aspupload.com

Sven

news:(E-Mail Removed)...