Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Javascript Validator help - how to require a field if checkbox is checked

Javascript Validator help - how to require a field if checkbox is checked

ziggs

I'm trying to find a reference to a validator code that will do the
following.

If checkbox called frmPrivate is checked (value=-1 is set for the value
in this case) then I want to require the user to fill in a text box
called name="CompanyName".
TIA

Jeff Cochran

On 3 Dec 2004 10:08:37 -0800, "ziggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm trying to find a reference to a validator code that will do the
>following.
>
>If checkbox called frmPrivate is checked (value=-1 is set for the value
>in this case) then I want to require the user to fill in a text box
>called name="CompanyName".
>Can someone point me in the right direction?

Using ASP? You'd have to check it after the form is submitted to the
server. For a Javascript solution, try the Javascript group or Google
"javascript form validation".

Jeff