Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Application type error - does not make sense

Application type error - does not make sense

I have a inquiry form that works perfectly under nearly every condition I
test. Yet, I seem to be getting increasing error messages from users and I
cannot figure out the cuase of the problem:
ERROR

ADODB.Command error '800a0d5d'

Application uses a value of the wrong type for the current

operation.

/globalincludes/inquire/pInquire_Execute.asp, line 306

CODE

Sub
oCmd2.Parameters.append oCmd2.CreateParameter("u_browser", advarchar,
adParamInput,70,sBrowser)
--
End Sub

DATABASE

u_browser, varchar(100) Yes - Allow Nulls

CONCLUSION:
It does not make sense. I have the right data type and the database field is
bigger than the Sp size constraint...

Any ideas?

Many thanks
Jason

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Do you have "advarchar" defined anywhere? Do you not use Option Explicit in
your code? Tsk tsk tsk! :]

Const advarchar = 200
Const adParamInput = 1

This is my guess anyway.

Ray at work

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

Does this make sense? milkyway Java 2 01-09-2005 09:05 PM
Does this make sense? milkyway Java 0 12-02-2004 12:33 PM
Does it make sense to implement the DALC layer as a Singleton? Jason ASP .Net 0 10-12-2004 02:01 PM
NULLs from SQL--does this make sense? Phil Sandler ASP .Net 1 08-19-2004 09:50 PM
Does pervasive use of final make sense? Timo Nentwig Java 31 05-13-2004 09:33 PM

Advertisments