Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Need help

Need help

FloridaJoe

I see 2 versions. Visual Studio .net professional and Visual Studio .net
Enterprise Developer. Can someone tell me which of these 2 is the best to
buy.

Thanks in advance,
Joe in Florida

Jeff Cochran

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:44:06 -0500, "FloridaJoe"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I see 2 versions. Visual Studio .net professional and Visual Studio .net
>Enterprise Developer. Can someone tell me which of these 2 is the best to
>buy.

Sure. Knowing nothing about you or your setup though, I can't tell
you anything that should make you decide. Try looking at Microsoft's
site for info on both.

Jeff

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

No, I don't think anyone can tell you that, because that all just depends on
what ~you~ need. Have you checked Microsoft's site to compare the two
products?

Ray at work

"FloridaJoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I see 2 versions. Visual Studio .net professional and Visual Studio .net
> Enterprise Developer. Can someone tell me which of these 2 is the best to
> buy.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Joe in Florida

Jeff Dillon

If money is no object, then get Enterprise, which includes all of
Professional features plus more.

Jeff
"FloridaJoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I see 2 versions. Visual Studio .net professional and Visual Studio .net
> Enterprise Developer. Can someone tell me which of these 2 is the best to
> buy.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Joe in Florida

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Well, did you compare the features and cost of the different editions?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/pr...s/default.aspx

Do you have any idea what you need to do with Visual Studio?

I see several different versions of the Porsche 911. Can someone tell me
which is the best to buy?

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

"FloridaJoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I see 2 versions. Visual Studio .net professional and Visual Studio .net
> Enterprise Developer. Can someone tell me which of these 2 is the best to
> buy.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Joe in Florida

Jeff Dillon

The most expensive one. Sheesh Aaron...like duh!

"Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, did you compare the features and cost of the different editions?
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/pr...s/default.aspx
>
> Do you have any idea what you need to do with Visual Studio?
>
> I see several different versions of the Porsche 911. Can someone tell me
> which is the best to buy?
>
> --
> http://www.aspfaq.com/
> (Reverse address to reply.)
>

> "FloridaJoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I see 2 versions. Visual Studio .net professional and Visual Studio .net
> > Enterprise Developer. Can someone tell me which of these 2 is the best

> > buy.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Joe in Florida

Paxton

"Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, did you compare the features and cost of the different editions?
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/pr...s/default.aspx
>
> Do you have any idea what you need to do with Visual Studio?
>
> I see several different versions of the Porsche 911. Can someone tell me
> which is the best to buy?
>
> --
> http://www.aspfaq.com/
> (Reverse address to reply.)

My wife says you should buy the red one.

MSDN works out cheaper. You get all the server/platforms/sdks for pretty
much the same price of Visual Studio.

Also, if you're developing a product on the MS platform, they do all sorts
of cheap deals for partners. You have to prove your bona-fides though.

Glenn

Jeff Cochran

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:43:08 -0500, "Aaron [SQL Server MVP]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Well, did you compare the features and cost of the different editions?
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/pr...s/default.aspx
>
>Do you have any idea what you need to do with Visual Studio?
>
>I see several different versions of the Porsche 911. Can someone tell me
>which is the best to buy?

The one the bank will give you a loan on...

Which for me might be the 1/24th scale one at the toy store...

Jeff