Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Variable not passing

Reply
Thread Tools

Variable not passing

 
 
tshad
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-16-2004
I have a simple asp page that doesn't seem to pass the contents of my text
box. It does show the variable name, but no value.

**********************************************
<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<body>
<form method="GET" action="atestbytfs.asp">
<table width="90%" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td width="50%"><div align="right">Referral ID:&nbsp;</div></td>
<td>&nbsp;<input type="text" id="referralID"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td><input type="submit" value="Submit"></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
</body>
</html>
************************************************** ************

After I put something in the box and press the submit button, I get the
following when it calls a page:

http://www.interez.com/atestbytfs.asp?

No value.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Tom.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ray Costanzo [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-16-2004
You get a seeq.com search page? Interesting. ;]

Give your textbox a NAME. ID isn't enough.
<input name="nameHere" type="text......

Ray at work

"tshad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a simple asp page that doesn't seem to pass the contents of my text
>box. It does show the variable name, but no value.
>
> **********************************************
> <%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
> <html>
> <head>
> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
> <title>Untitled Document</title>
> </head>
>
> <body>
> <form method="GET" action="atestbytfs.asp">
> <table width="90%" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
> <tr>
> <td width="50%"><div align="right">Referral ID:&nbsp;</div></td>
> <td>&nbsp;<input type="text" id="referralID"></td>
> </tr>
> <tr>
> <td>&nbsp;</td>
> <td><input type="submit" value="Submit"></td>
> </tr>
> </table>
> </form>
> </body>
> </html>
> ************************************************** ************
>
> After I put something in the box and press the submit button, I get the
> following when it calls a page:
>
> http://www.interez.com/atestbytfs.asp?
>
> No value.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom.
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
tshad
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-16-2004
"Ray Costanzo [MVP]" <my first name at lane 34 dot commercial> wrote in
message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You get a seeq.com search page? Interesting. ;]
>
> Give your textbox a NAME. ID isn't enough.
> <input name="nameHere" type="text......


That was it.

Thanks,

Tom.
>
> Ray at work
>
> "tshad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have a simple asp page that doesn't seem to pass the contents of my text
>>box. It does show the variable name, but no value.
>>
>> **********************************************
>> <%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
>> <html>
>> <head>
>> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
>> <title>Untitled Document</title>
>> </head>
>>
>> <body>
>> <form method="GET" action="atestbytfs.asp">
>> <table width="90%" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
>> <tr>
>> <td width="50%"><div align="right">Referral ID:&nbsp;</div></td>
>> <td>&nbsp;<input type="text" id="referralID"></td>
>> </tr>
>> <tr>
>> <td>&nbsp;</td>
>> <td><input type="submit" value="Submit"></td>
>> </tr>
>> </table>
>> </form>
>> </body>
>> </html>
>> ************************************************** ************
>>
>> After I put something in the box and press the submit button, I get the
>> following when it calls a page:
>>
>> http://www.interez.com/atestbytfs.asp?
>>
>> No value.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tom.
>>
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
passing copy of a pointer to a variable vs passing the copy pereges C Programming 7 06-01-2008 02:36 PM
Passing a variable value from Javascript to asp.net server variable shil ASP .Net 2 01-02-2007 09:33 PM
passing data from javascript variable to asp variable. Steve Cosh ASP General 1 11-18-2005 04:15 AM
passing javascript variable into asp variable using vbscript Jonas Daunoravicius Javascript 5 07-17-2003 04:54 AM
passing javascript variable into asp variable using vbscript Jonas Daunoravicius ASP General 5 07-17-2003 04:54 AM



Advertisments