Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Repopulate List box

Repopulate List box

Christer Alkerud

Hi

I hope anyone can give me a hint how to continue

I have an ASP page containing 3 list boxes. When the page is opened the list
boxes are populated with some default values from a database and an array on
the page is also populated with values from the same database.

Depending on the choice in the first list box I want to repopulate the
second list box with values from the array depending on the choice in the
first list box

Any Suggestion

Jeff Cochran

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:51:20 GMT, "Christer Alkerud"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have an ASP page containing 3 list boxes. When the page is opened the list
>boxes are populated with some default values from a database and an array on
>the page is also populated with values from the same database.

>Depending on the choice in the first list box I want to repopulate the
>second list box with values from the array depending on the choice in the
>first list box

Client side it's DHTML or JavaScript, using ASP it's a new query to
the server based on a JavaScript trigger of the selection. Google
"ASP Dynamic Dropdown Lists" or the like for lots of examples.

Jeff

Hal Rosser

"Christer Alkerud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sv2md.8810$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>

> I hope anyone can give me a hint how to continue
>

> I have an ASP page containing 3 list boxes. When the page is opened the

list
> boxes are populated with some default values from a database and an array

on
> the page is also populated with values from the same database.
>

> Depending on the choice in the first list box I want to repopulate the
> second list box with values from the array depending on the choice in the
> first list box
>

> Any Suggestion

You can submit back to the same page - but you'll have to code it so that if
no querystring then put in the default values, otherwise put in based on
user's choices.

---

dynamic datagrid dropdown valuechanged repopulate 2nd list editmo =?Utf-8?B?Y2luZHk=?= ASP .Net 0 09-21-2006 04:40 PM
Repopulate TreeView JN ASP .Net 0 01-26-2006 03:39 AM
explanation of when need to repopulate control TS ASP .Net Building Controls 28 08-24-2005 09:30 AM
popup repopulate luna_s ASP .Net 1 03-06-2004 05:47 PM
How to repopulate a dropdown list without posting back? TaeHo Yoo ASP .Net 4 07-23-2003 07:07 AM

Advertisments