Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP sessions end too quickly

ASP sessions end too quickly

dw

Hello, all. We're running ASP apps on a Windows 2003 Standard Edition box
with 2.37 GB RAM, 731 MHz PIII processor, and hard disk space of 2.56 GB
free on C: and 125 GB free on D:. We've noticed that our apps are timing out
after only 20 seconds or so, even after setting the session timout to 30
minutes within our ASP pages. Do you know what might be causing this?
Thanks.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

http://www.aspfaq.com/2157

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

"dw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, all. We're running ASP apps on a Windows 2003 Standard Edition box
> with 2.37 GB RAM, 731 MHz PIII processor, and hard disk space of 2.56 GB
> free on C: and 125 GB free on D:. We've noticed that our apps are timing

out
> after only 20 seconds or so, even after setting the session timout to 30
> minutes within our ASP pages. Do you know what might be causing this?
> Thanks.

dw

Thanks, Aaron. Other ASP apps on the machine work fine, but this one breaks,
which leads me to believe something's funky with the code.

"Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.aspfaq.com/2157
>
> --
> http://www.aspfaq.com/
> (Reverse address to reply.)
>

> "dw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello, all. We're running ASP apps on a Windows 2003 Standard Edition box
>> with 2.37 GB RAM, 731 MHz PIII processor, and hard disk space of 2.56 GB
>> free on C: and 125 GB free on D:. We've noticed that our apps are timing

> out
>> after only 20 seconds or so, even after setting the session timout to 30
>> minutes within our ASP pages. Do you know what might be causing this?
>> Thanks.

Jeff Dillon

Virus software or other software may "touch" the global.asa, which restarts
the application.

Jeff