Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How to determine if time slot is available

How to determine if time slot is available

Targa

I built a simple scheduling application using an access db.

The relevent fields are eventRoom, startDate, startTime and endTime.

When I go to add a new event, what method can I use to make sure the
eventRoom is available for the selected date and time slot? Id like to just
display an alert with the conflicting times and suggest the next available
startTime.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Jeff Cochran

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:33:31 -0600, "Targa"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I built a simple scheduling application using an access db.
>
>The relevent fields are eventRoom, startDate, startTime and endTime.
>
>When I go to add a new event, what method can I use to make sure the
>eventRoom is available for the selected date and time slot? Id like to just
>display an alert with the conflicting times and suggest the next available
>startTime.

Don't know your table structure, but a query for the date/time to see
what's there could be tested to see if any data exists, then an error
displayed showing the conflict.

Jeff

Jeff Dillon

Why not display a calendar of sorts, so users see straight away what is
available, instead of via trial and error

And you mean what SQL statement you should use?

Jeff
news:(E-Mail Removed)...