Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > request occurs twice

request occurs twice

Tom

The asp page I developed works fine on my development machine and local IIS.
When I load the page from the production server console, using an older
version of IE, the page executes twice. I modified my variables with
javascript to verify that the request is being sent twice from the client. I
further proved this by accessing the production page from my development
machine, and it works fine.
This has never happened to me before. How can I figure out why the page is
being sent twice from and older IE, and are is there a nice work-around?

My ugly work around is to just modify my variables(javascript) after I
submit so the second submit does not do anything.

TIA

Tom

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?VG9t?= wrote on 10 nov 2004 in
> The asp page I developed works fine on my development machine and
> local IIS. When I load the page from the production server console,
> using an older version of IE, the page executes twice. I modified my
> variables with javascript to verify that the request is being sent
> twice from the client. I further proved this by accessing the
> production page from my development machine, and it works fine.
> This has never happened to me before. How can I figure out why the
> page is being sent twice from and older IE, and are is there a nice
> work-around?
>
> My ugly work around is to just modify my variables(javascript) after I
> submit so the second submit does not do anything.

IE on a server?

ASP has nothing to do with browsers like IE.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Jed

I would check for any AutoPostback attributes.

I would also make sure that all hrefs, img src, and other references to
external urls are not missing. I can't remember the details but something
along those lines produced that behaviour for me once.

Tom

Jed,

Thanks for your thoughts. I think I found the error of my ways, I just got
thrown off track because it worked on one browser and not on another.
The problem was that I was using input type image to trigger a procedure
which did the submit. I just discovered that the default behavior of input
type=image is to do a submit, so that was where the extra submit came from.
Thanks for your help!!

Tom

twice(twice(x)) Kiuhnm C++ 2 04-01-2006 04:41 PM
Can you intercept the url request before a 404 error occurs? =?Utf-8?B?UlVTU0VMTCBNQ0dJTk5JUw==?= ASP .Net 1 07-14-2004 02:45 PM
Application_Error function is not invoked when an System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out occurs Jack Wright ASP .Net 5 03-07-2004 10:46 PM
RadioButtonList postback occurs everywhere but on server itself Timo ASP .Net 1 01-26-2004 10:56 PM