Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Basic ASP problem

Basic ASP problem

Yatin Soni

Hi,
I am fairly new to ASP. I am not getting it to display simple text.

This is ALL the code that i have..

<%
response.write("This is a test")
%>

the file is saved as test.asp

I have uploaded it, and when i run it, I get the code being displayed ie.
<%
response.write("This is a test")
%>

What am i doing wrong?
Thanks

Evertjan.

Yatin Soni wrote on 02 nov 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
> I am fairly new to ASP. I am not getting it to display simple text.
>
> This is ALL the code that i have..
>
> <%
> response.write("This is a test")
> %>
>
> the file is saved as test.asp
>
> I have uploaded it, and when i run it, I get the code being displayed ie.
> <%
> response.write("This is a test")
> %>

Your server does not support ASP

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Jeff Cochran

On 2 Nov 2004 01:03:37 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Yatin Soni)
wrote:

>Hi,
>I am fairly new to ASP. I am not getting it to display simple text.
>
>This is ALL the code that i have..
>
><%
>response.write("This is a test")
>%>
>
>the file is saved as test.asp
>
>I have uploaded it, and when i run it, I get the code being displayed ie.
><%
>response.write("This is a test")
>%>
>

>What am i doing wrong?

Running it as in opening it in your browser as a page? If so, does
your server support ASP?

Jeff