Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Read binary file as hex

Read binary file as hex

DrewM

I'm using ASP to generate an RTF (rich text) file, via the FSO. No
problems with text, but when it comes to inserting images, the files
have to be embedded as either binary or hex.

Try as I might, I can't get binary to work (Word b0rks trying to open
the resulting file). When I create a simple RTF in Wordpad and then view
its source, Wordpad seems to be embedding the image as hex.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could read an image file off
the disk in hex format for writing into my RTF?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

drew.

s_m_b

DrewM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:#G0A9PBwEHA.1976
@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

Have you checked out if there are any third party components that would
either do that, or at least do an intemediate conversion?

> I'm using ASP to generate an RTF (rich text) file, via the FSO. No
> problems with text, but when it comes to inserting images, the files
> have to be embedded as either binary or hex.
>
> Try as I might, I can't get binary to work (Word b0rks trying to open
> the resulting file). When I create a simple RTF in Wordpad and then view
> its source, Wordpad seems to be embedding the image as hex.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could read an image file off
> the disk in hex format for writing into my RTF?
>
> Any suggestions gratefully received.
>
> drew.

DrewM

s_m_b wrote:
> DrewM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:#G0A9PBwEHA.1976
> @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
>
> Have you checked out if there are any third party components that would
> either do that, or at least do an intemediate conversion?

Yes, but I haven't managed to find anything yet.

Thanks

drew.

Roland Hall

"DrewM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e$YaN%(E-Mail Removed)...
: s_m_b wrote:
: > DrewM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:#G0A9PBwEHA.1976
: > @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
: >
: > Have you checked out if there are any third party components that would
: > either do that, or at least do an intemediate conversion?
:
: Yes, but I haven't managed to find anything yet.

http://www.motobit.com/tips/detpg_re...nary-files.htm

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Is the ability to read Hex data like learning to read the matrix? kemp MCSE 2 10-13-2006 03:58 PM
hex string to hex value tim Python 8 11-23-2005 06:27 PM
Hex Color Codes - Hex 6 <=> Hex 3 lucanos@gmail.com HTML 10 08-18-2005 11:21 PM
hex value in string back to real hex value jack Python 4 09-08-2004 07:11 AM
hex(-5) => Futurewarning: ugh, can't we have a better hex than '-'[:n<0]+hex(abs(n)) ?? Bengt Richter Python 6 08-19-2003 07:33 AM

Advertisments