Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Important Media Player

Important Media Player

Dear all, anyone know how i can place a media player on my asp page to
allow user to listen to sample songs, etc? or anyone know where to find
the code?? Thanks

Regards
cheers

dave

Youll do it the same way as you would on an html page - however this group
is about server side code.

<D> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear all, anyone know how i can place a media player on my asp page to
> allow user to listen to sample songs, etc? or anyone know where to find
> the code?? Thanks
>
> Regards
> cheers

Daniel

The same way is how???

cheers

Evertjan.

D wrote on 30 okt 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> Dear all, anyone know how i can place a media player on my asp page to
> allow user to listen to sample songs, etc? or anyone know where to find
> the code?? Thanks

I use something like this to send off-site sound to the user:

''''...........
Response.Clear()

if instr(href,"mms:")=1 then
Response.ContentType = "video/x-ms-asf"
%>
<ASX version="3.0">
<Entry>
<ref HREF="<%=href%>"/>
</Entry>
</ASX>
<%
elseif instr(href,"rtsp:")=1 OR instr(href,"pnm:")=1 then
Response.ContentType="audio/x-pn-realaudio"
%>
<%=href%>

<% else
''''........

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Daniel

What does that code mean?? Do i have to amend it to suit my website??

cheers

Evertjan.

Daniel wrote on 30 okt 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> What does that code mean??

[please quote, this is not email, but usenet
> Response.ContentType = "video/x-ms-asf"]

> Do i have to amend it to suit my website??

This you have to understand to use it.
Just the pasting will get you nowhere.

If you don't understand,
try to learn about Response.ContentType and streaming media
or do not use the code.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Daniel

If i dun want to use code, then i ask for what? ask for fun??? if i dun
know the code, of course i must ask

cheers

dave

[please quote, this is not email, but usenet]

<D> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If i dun want to use code, then i ask for what? ask for fun??? if i dun
> know the code, of course i must ask
>
> cheers

Daniel

Quote what??? I already state my question in the first msg

Dear all, anyone know how i can place a media player on my asp page to
allow user to listen to sample songs, etc? or anyone know where to find
the code?? Thanks

cheers

Evertjan.

Daniel wrote on 30 okt 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
> If i dun want to use code, then i ask for what? ask for fun??? if i dun
> know the code, of course i must ask

Dear Daniel,

When asking in a technical forum like this NG, often [and this time] you
get a technical hint for an answer, because one expects you to know the
basics of ASP serverside scripting in VBscript or Jscript.

This has nothing to do with your or my fun, funnily enough.

An expectation of a complete solution will often not be fulfilled,
as this NG is not a payed helpline.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.