Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > programmatically visiting a URL without opening browser session

programmatically visiting a URL without opening browser session

Ken Fine

Using ASP, is there an easy way in code to "visit a URL", without opening a
browser session?

Explanation: I have a page caching class. The page caching class's behavior
can effectively be "programmed" via instructions that are sent through the
querystring. When members of our staff update articles using a CMS I
programmed, I would like the cache to be flushed. The cache can be rebuilt
by issuing an instruction via a URL querystring.

I would like the machine to programmatically "visit" two different URLs
without actually showing those pages to the user.

Is there an easy way to do what I want, here?

Thanks.

-KF

Chris Hohmann

"Ken Fine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cljtnb$vtv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using ASP, is there an easy way in code to "visit a URL", without opening

> browser session?
>
> Explanation: I have a page caching class. The page caching class's

behavior
> can effectively be "programmed" via instructions that are sent through the
> querystring. When members of our staff update articles using a CMS I
> programmed, I would like the cache to be flushed. The cache can be rebuilt
> by issuing an instruction via a URL querystring.
>
> I would like the machine to programmatically "visit" two different URLs
> without actually showing those pages to the user.
>
> Is there an easy way to do what I want, here?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -KF

http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173

Ken Fine