Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Can I use only part of Field

Can I use only part of Field

Rob

Hi,

I would like to use the last 10 characters of a Session object.

Is this possible in active server pages. I am familiar with the user of
Right$ in visual basic but I after trying serveral conatations I have had to
give up.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Rob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use the last 10 characters of a Session object.
>
> Is this possible in active server pages. I am familiar with the user
> of Right$ in visual basic but I after trying serveral conatations I
> have had to give up.

Right$ does not exist (the only datatype in vbscript is Variant), but
Right() does. Here is the vbscript documentation:

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET