Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Access Denied - Interdev 6

Access Denied - Interdev 6

tmaster1

Pleas help -

I am launching, for the first time, on a new laptop, Visual Interdev
(version 6.0 SP5). In the "New Project" dialog box, I enter a new project
name and click Open. The Project Wizard, Step 1 of 4 asks: What server do
you want to use? I type in localhost, and, leaving Master mode selected, I
click Next. A message pops up that says "Contacting Web Server", and then I
immediately get an error dialog box: Server Error (Error code = 80070005).
When I look on the web for error code 80070005, I see that it has something
to do with Access Denied.

What have I not set up properly?

Thanks

Jeff Dillon

What happens when you just point your browser to http://localhost ?

Jeff
"tmaster1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Pleas help -
>

> I am launching, for the first time, on a new laptop, Visual Interdev
> (version 6.0 SP5). In the "New Project" dialog box, I enter a new project
> name and click Open. The Project Wizard, Step 1 of 4 asks: What server do
> you want to use? I type in localhost, and, leaving Master mode selected, I
> click Next. A message pops up that says "Contacting Web Server", and then

> immediately get an error dialog box: Server Error (Error code = 80070005).
> When I look on the web for error code 80070005, I see that it has

something
> to do with Access Denied.
>

> What have I not set up properly?
>

> Thanks

Bob Barrows [MVP]

tmaster1 wrote:
> Pleas help -
>

> I am launching, for the first time, on a new laptop, Visual Interdev
> (version 6.0 SP5). In the "New Project" dialog box, I enter a new
> project name and click Open. The Project Wizard, Step 1 of 4 asks:
> What server do you want to use? I type in localhost, and, leaving
> Master mode selected, I click Next. A message pops up that says
> "Contacting Web Server", and then I immediately get an error dialog
> box: Server Error (Error code = 80070005). When I look on the web for
> error code 80070005, I see that it has something to do with Access
> Denied.
>

> What have I not set up properly?

Start here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=vid

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

tmaster1

The page Default.htm is displayed (properly), which is the Default Document
setting under Default Web Site Properties. I created the file just to see if
IIS was running.

"Jeff Dillon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What happens when you just point your browser to http://localhost ?
>
> Jeff
> "tmaster1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Pleas help -
>>

>> I am launching, for the first time, on a new laptop, Visual Interdev
>> (version 6.0 SP5). In the "New Project" dialog box, I enter a new project
>> name and click Open. The Project Wizard, Step 1 of 4 asks: What server do
>> you want to use? I type in localhost, and, leaving Master mode selected,
>> click Next. A message pops up that says "Contacting Web Server", and then

>> immediately get an error dialog box: Server Error (Error code =
>> 80070005).
>> When I look on the web for error code 80070005, I see that it has

> something
>> to do with Access Denied.
>>

>> What have I not set up properly?
>>

>> Thanks

tmaster1

I just got a slightly different error:

After the message that says "Contacting Web Server" is displayed, I got an
error dialog box: Object Nit Found (Error code = 80070005). Note that the
error number is the same, but the message is different.

Any help is very much appreciated.

"tmaster1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Pleas help -
>

> I am launching, for the first time, on a new laptop, Visual Interdev
> (version 6.0 SP5). In the "New Project" dialog box, I enter a new project
> name and click Open. The Project Wizard, Step 1 of 4 asks: What server do
> you want to use? I type in localhost, and, leaving Master mode selected, I
> click Next. A message pops up that says "Contacting Web Server", and then
> I immediately get an error dialog box: Server Error (Error code =
> 80070005). When I look on the web for error code 80070005, I see that it
> has something to do with Access Denied.
>

> What have I not set up properly?
>

> Thanks

tmaster1

The page Default.htm is displayed (properly), which is the Default Document
setting under Default Web Site Properties.

So I tried deleting Default.htm and created Default.asp, which is the second
default document setting. Now, I get HTTP 500 - Internal server error in
Internet Explorer.

"Jeff Dillon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What happens when you just point your browser to http://localhost ?
>
> Jeff
> "tmaster1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Pleas help -
>>

>> I am launching, for the first time, on a new laptop, Visual Interdev
>> (version 6.0 SP5). In the "New Project" dialog box, I enter a new project
>> name and click Open. The Project Wizard, Step 1 of 4 asks: What server do
>> you want to use? I type in localhost, and, leaving Master mode selected,
>> click Next. A message pops up that says "Contacting Web Server", and then

>> immediately get an error dialog box: Server Error (Error code =
>> 80070005).
>> When I look on the web for error code 80070005, I see that it has

> something
>> to do with Access Denied.
>>

>> What have I not set up properly?
>>

>> Thanks