Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP problem

ASP problem

Peter Chan

For security, I turned off IIS default website and created a new website
"MyWebsite". I set allowing script and read for IUser, but asp seems not
workable.

What should I do?

Peter

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Can you be a tad more descriptive perhaps? What does "not workable" mean?

Ray at home

"Peter Chan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For security, I turned off IIS default website and created a new website
> "MyWebsite". I set allowing script and read for IUser, but asp seems not
> workable.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Peter
> (E-Mail Removed)

Jeff Cochran

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:44:45 +0800, "Peter Chan"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>For security, I turned off IIS default website and created a new website
>"MyWebsite". I set allowing script and read for IUser, but asp seems not
>workable.
>
>What should I do?

Too late now, but you just performed a security change that has no
effect.

There is no difference between the default web site and any other.

As for your ASP problem, the solution would be to fix whatever is not
working. You know that and I know that. What's not working though is
something you know, but I don't know. You probably know it isn't
working because you saw or heard something to make you think that. I
was watching the girl walking across the street and listening to my
iPod, so I missed what you must have seen or heard.

Sorry, but until you tell us what "seems not workable" about it we
probably can't help. Even a version of IIS might have provided a
clue...

Jeff

Peter Chan

Sorry, I should say clear:

I wrote a "hello world" asp, the following error returned:

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
displayed.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

The configuration of "MyWebsite" are summarized:

- Virtual Directory:
- Checked "Read"
- Excecute Permissions: Scripts only
- Application Protection: Medium (Pooled)
- Configuration....
- .asp -> C:\winnt\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll
- Enable buffering
- Default ASP language: VBScript

What should I do for a new user defined Website for aps application?

Peter
(E-Mail Removed)

message news:uQSgt$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can you be a tad more descriptive perhaps? What does "not workable" mean?
>
> Ray at home
>
> "Peter Chan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> For security, I turned off IIS default website and created a new website
>> "MyWebsite". I set allowing script and read for IUser, but asp seems not
>> workable.
>>
>> What should I do?
>>
>> Peter
>> (E-Mail Removed)

Peter Chan

Sorry, I should say clear:

I wrote a "hello world" asp, the following error returned:

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
displayed.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

The configuration of "MyWebsite" are summarized:

- Virtual Directory:
- Checked "Read"
- Excecute Permissions: Scripts only
- Application Protection: Medium (Pooled)
- Configuration....
- .asp -> C:\winnt\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll
- Enable buffering
- Default ASP language: VBScript

The IIS verison is 5.0 with Windows 2000 server.

What should I do for a new user defined Website for aps application?

Peter
(E-Mail Removed)

"Jeff Cochran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:44:45 +0800, "Peter Chan"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>For security, I turned off IIS default website and created a new website
>>"MyWebsite". I set allowing script and read for IUser, but asp seems not
>>workable.
>>
>>What should I do?

> Too late now, but you just performed a security change that has no
> effect.
>
> There is no difference between the default web site and any other.
>
> As for your ASP problem, the solution would be to fix whatever is not
> working. You know that and I know that. What's not working though is
> something you know, but I don't know. You probably know it isn't
> working because you saw or heard something to make you think that. I
> was watching the girl walking across the street and listening to my
> iPod, so I missed what you must have seen or heard.
>
> Sorry, but until you tell us what "seems not workable" about it we
> probably can't help. Even a version of IIS might have provided a
> clue...
>
> Jeff

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

First let's find out what the error is.
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

Ray at home
"Peter Chan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23mq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry, I should say clear:
>
> I wrote a "hello world" asp, the following error returned:

> There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
> displayed.
>
> HTTP 500 - Internal server error
> Internet Explorer

Peter Chan

Hi Ray,

Thank you for your great help. After disable show friendly error message and
show asp error message, the error message directed me to server event log.
There were two error events logged:

ID=36

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 36
Date: 19/10/2004
Time: 14:46:51
User: N/A
Computer: BONBEL
The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/3/Root/ckfw'. The error
was 'The server process could not be started because the configured identity
is incorrect. Check the username and password.
'.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:

ID=10004
Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10004
Date: 19/10/2004
Time: 14:46:51
User: N/A
Computer: BONBEL
DCOM got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. " and was unable to
logon .\IWAM_BONBEL in order to run the server:
{3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1}

I then checked that both accounts IUSR_ and IWAM_ were locked out. After
remove locked-out, the asp is workable.

Thanks you very much for your greate help.

Peter
(E-Mail Removed)

message news:(E-Mail Removed)...