Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Splitting a String to Use Separate Words

Splitting a String to Use Separate Words

Joe

hi,

i have a search form that will only search the whole string when
searching a query. i would like to have the search string split into
separate words so that each word could be used as part of a single
query. is there a simple solution to my question ?

joe

Agoston Bejo

Take a look at the Split() method in the VBScript reference.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

> hi,
>
> i have a search form that will only search the whole string when
> searching a query. i would like to have the search string split into
> separate words so that each word could be used as part of a single
> query. is there a simple solution to my question ?
>
> joe

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Joe wrote:
> hi,
>
> i have a search form that will only search the whole string when
> searching a query. i would like to have the search string split into
> separate words so that each word could be used as part of a single
> query. is there a simple solution to my question ?
>
> joe

If you don't have te vbscript documentation, here's a link to allow you to
download it:
http://tinyurl.com/7rk6

Bob Barrows
--