Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Forms Authentication

Forms Authentication

Bryan Freeman

I have an interesting forms authentication issue ...

Our application has many co branded sites (ie.
http://cobrand.application.com). These URLs actually point to the physical
folder structure of http://www.application.com/cobrand, etc. Each co brand is
essentially a copy of the application folder, with some custom styles and
configuration information.

Anyway, we want to use forms authentication, but would like to have the
formslogin.aspx located at the /cobrand level so it can be customized. The
problem is, when a request comes in for a secured resource, and asp.net
redirects to formslogin.aspx, we have an http module that reformats the url
from the http://cobrand.application.com/ format to the
http://www.application.com/cobrand format. This causes a loop in the
redirects.

The only way we’ve found to get around this is to put the formslogin.aspx at
the root level, but then we can't customize it for each cobrand (a
requirement).
--
Bryan Freeman
Consultant

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Hi Bryan,

This is a "classic" ASP group. The ASP.NET groups have "aspnet" in their
names, i.e. microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

Ray at work

news:(E-Mail Removed)...