Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Installing IIS Server on windows xp professional

Installing IIS Server on windows xp professional

Jack

Hi,
I have a computer where I installed windows xp professional. However, during
installation, I did not choose the IIS server component. Now, I need to
install the IIS Server. At the moment, I am not carrying the windows xp CD.
Is there any IIS server download for xp available in the web so that I can
get a local web server up and running real quick? Thanks in advance.
Regards.

John

Configuration, Sofware, left pane Add/Remove Windows applications, IIS

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

No, you will need to find the XP CD. I do not believe IIS is offered for
download anywhere.

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have a computer where I installed windows xp professional. However,

during
> installation, I did not choose the IIS server component. Now, I need to
> install the IIS Server. At the moment, I am not carrying the windows xp

CD.
> Is there any IIS server download for xp available in the web so that I can
> get a local web server up and running real quick? Thanks in advance.
> Regards.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

....which will require the CD.

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

"John" <n o b o d http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eubbd.277625$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
> Configuration, Sofware, left pane Add/Remove Windows applications, IIS

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

As a side note, when I install an OS, if I do this from a CD, after
installing, I copy the I386 directory from the CD to the hard drive of the
machine. After that, I change the value of
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Currentversion\S ourcePath to reflect the
location of the I386 that I copied, i.e. C:\I386.

By copying I386 (and optionally changing the SourcePath), you don't need to
worry about having the CD with you. This is especially helpful on laptops.
With the size of today's hard drives, the space that copying I386 takes up
is pretty irrelevant.

Ray at work

news:(E-Mail Removed)...