Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Sharepoint like "uploads"

Sharepoint like "uploads"

TomB

I finally saw a sharepoint demonstration and was impressed with the way it
works with Office applications.

Other than that, I don't have much use for it. So I was wondering if anyone
knew what was involved in setting up a similar thing in ASP code?

The idea being that a template is available on the site, the user clicks on
it and the appropriate application opens. When the user saves the file it's
default "Save To" folder is a Network place, on the sharepoint server.

I figured I'd just create a virutal directory in IIS, give everyone write
access to it then away I'd go. I can connect to the network place, but I
can't save to it.

I've configured the Virtual Directory as "Write" and set NTFS to Full Access
(for me) and Authentication is Windows.

Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks
Tom B