Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Quick Question Need Help

Quick Question Need Help

Eric Wang

Hi,

I wrote an application that generates reports. It then presents a page where
I click a button [javascriptrint()] to open the print page. However, I
have a fixed printer and would like to know how to print to the default
printer without me clicking anything. So the page will just load up and
print. Or when I click a button. I just don't want the select printer screen
to pop up. Much similar to clicking the print button on top of the address
bar in Internet Explorer.

Thanks,
Eric

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

This is not ASP related. But, so you know, without the use of a client-side
ActiveX control, you cannot do what you want to do. If a Web page had the
ability to automatically print without any user intervention, this would not
be a good thing.

Ray at work

"Eric Wang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23Ed$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I wrote an application that generates reports. It then presents a page
> where
> I click a button [javascriptrint()] to open the print page. However, I
> have a fixed printer and would like to know how to print to the default
> printer without me clicking anything. So the page will just load up and
> print. Or when I click a button. I just don't want the select printer
> screen
> to pop up. Much similar to clicking the print button on top of the address
> bar in Internet Explorer.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

Quick question, hopefully quick answer. ~misfit~ NZ Computing 114 01-06-2005 01:36 PM
Quick Question Quick Answer JKop C++ 11 05-24-2004 09:46 PM
Quick Restore for a Compaq not so quick! Croos Bustamunky Computer Support 2 05-15-2004 04:17 AM

Advertisments