Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Help pls- quick one

Help pls- quick one

Eric Wang

I program with ASP VBScript. Would like to know its MIME type so I can have
my own extension like what others do.

Thanks!

Jonathan Chong

By default it will be "text/html". Unless you change it do something else,
such as XML like this:

<%
Response.ContentType = "text/xml"
%>

"Eric Wang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I program with ASP VBScript. Would like to know its MIME type so I can

have
> my own extension like what others do.
>
> Thanks!

Eric Wang

Does using it as text/html process its ASP Codes in the script?

"Jonathan Chong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> By default it will be "text/html". Unless you change it do something else,
> such as XML like this:
>
> <%
> Response.ContentType = "text/xml"
> %>
>
> "Eric Wang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I program with ASP VBScript. Would like to know its MIME type so I can

> have
> > my own extension like what others do.
> >
> > Thanks!

Eric Wang

Does using it as text/html process its ASP Codes in the script?

"Jonathan Chong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> By default it will be "text/html". Unless you change it do something else,
> such as XML like this:
>
> <%
> Response.ContentType = "text/xml"
> %>
>
> "Eric Wang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I program with ASP VBScript. Would like to know its MIME type so I can

> have
> > my own extension like what others do.
> >
> > Thanks!

Bob Barrows [MVP]

No. That merely formats the data sent to te client.

By default, using the .asp file extension will cause IIS to process the page
using the asp.dll. other file extensions can be configured using IIS
Manager. A Google search should provide the details.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Adding quick-release to a non-quick-release tripod head ste7esmith@hotmail.com Digital Photography 4 11-20-2006 03:19 PM
Quick question, hopefully quick answer. ~misfit~ NZ Computing 114 01-06-2005 01:36 PM
Quick Question Quick Answer JKop C++ 11 05-24-2004 09:46 PM
Quick Restore for a Compaq not so quick! Croos Bustamunky Computer Support 2 05-15-2004 04:17 AM
PanasonicBQ390 "quick" charger - How quick? Ol' Bab Digital Photography 1 01-17-2004 06:54 AM

Advertisments