Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > table not updated

table not updated

xarrisx

I am using an Insert command in my asp code that Inserts a rows in my
database.
After the Insert command i create a recordset and ask for all the rows in
the table that i aplied the insert command
Some times the rows i get are correct but sometimes the database is not
updated by the time the recordset is opened.

Is there any way to wait until the table is updated with the new rows and
then open the
recordset?

<%
Dim Cmd_insord
set Cmd_insord = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
Cmd_insord.ActiveConnection = mystring
Cmd_insord.CommandText = "INSERT INTO PP3 (order_status) VALUES (0) "
Cmd_insord.CommandType = 1
Cmd_insord.CommandTimeout = 0
Cmd_insord.Prepared = true
Cmd_insord.Execute() 'here i execute the insert command
%>
<%
Dim RS_ORDER
Set RS_ORDER = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
RS_ORDER.ActiveConnection = MM_connDUgallery_STRING
RS_ORDER.Source = "SELECT * FROM PP3 WHERE order_status=0"
RS_ORDER.CursorType = 0
RS_ORDER.CursorLocation = 2
RS_ORDER.LockType = 1
RS_ORDER.Open() ' when the program reaches here the PP3 table may not
allready contain the new added records
%>

Bob Barrows [MVP]

xarrisx wrote:
> I am using an Insert command in my asp code that Inserts a rows in my
> database.

What database type and version are you using? I suspect it's Access but i
would like to be sure.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

xarrisx

it is access and i am using dsnless connection if this makes any difference

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> xarrisx wrote:
> > I am using an Insert command in my asp code that Inserts a rows in my
> > database.

> What database type and version are you using? I suspect it's Access but i
> would like to be sure.
>
> --
> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Bob Barrows [MVP]

I answered this in .db.

Please do not multipost. it does not increase your chances of getting your
question answered.

Bob Barrows
xarrisx wrote:
> it is access and i am using dsnless connection if this makes any
> difference
>

> "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> xarrisx wrote:
>>> I am using an Insert command in my asp code that Inserts a rows in
>>> my database.

>> What database type and version are you using? I suspect it's Access
>> but i would like to be sure.
>>
>> --
>> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET