Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Persistent Cache initialization failed

Persistent Cache initialization failed

Dan Berg

In my event log on my IIS 6.0 Windows 2003 Server I get the following Active
Server Pages Error

Error: The Template Persistent Cache initialization failed for Application
Pool 'DefaultAppPool' because of the following error: Could not create a
Disk Cache Sub-directory for the Application Pool. The data may have
additional error codes..

Any ideas on how to fix this???

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Dan Berg wrote:
> In my event log on my IIS 6.0 Windows 2003 Server I get the following
> Active Server Pages Error
>

> Error: The Template Persistent Cache initialization failed for
> Application Pool 'DefaultAppPool' because of the following error:
> Could not create a Disk Cache Sub-directory for the Application Pool.
> The data may have additional error codes..
>

> Any ideas on how to fix this???

This is a new one for me. Did Google turn up anything for you? Try a search
at www.aspfaq.com.

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Manohar Kamath

Does the following discussion help?

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...gbl%26rnum%3D5

--
Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netWire

"Dan Berg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In my event log on my IIS 6.0 Windows 2003 Server I get the following

Active
> Server Pages Error
>

> Error: The Template Persistent Cache initialization failed for Application
> Pool 'DefaultAppPool' because of the following error: Could not create a
> Disk Cache Sub-directory for the Application Pool. The data may have
> additional error codes..
>

> Any ideas on how to fix this???

Dan Berg

Thanks a bunch, the discussion group showed a Microsoft Knowledge Base
Article - 332097 which showed it to be a permissions problem. See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=332097 for the fixes.

Dan Berg

news:eeS$(E-Mail Removed)...