Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > read keyfield value from selected row in datagrid

read keyfield value from selected row in datagrid

mharness

Hello,

I'm new at this. Thanks for your help.

I have form which displays a customer record and a datagrid of that
customer's orders. I want to read the value of the OrderID (which is the
keyfield), write it to a session variable, redirect to another form where I
read the session variable and display the order detail.

How do I read the OrderID value when the user clicks on a select button in a
particular row of the datagrid?

Mike

mharness

Sorry about that. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Mike

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> mharness wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm new at this. Thanks for your help.
>>
>> I have form which displays a customer record and a datagrid of that
>> customer's orders. I want to read the value of the OrderID (which is
>> the keyfield), write it to a session variable, redirect to another
>> form where I read the session variable and display the order detail.
>>
>> How do I read the OrderID value when the user clicks on a select
>> button in a particular row of the datagrid?
>>
>> Mike

> There was no way for you to know it, but this is a classic asp newsgroup.
> While you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can
> answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
> question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
> microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.
>
> --
> Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
> "NO SPAM"

Bob Barrows [MVP]