Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > 401 unauthorized exception

401 unauthorized exception

Jayakumar

Hi,
I am trying to convert a word document to pdf file from java for
this, I am using a asp file to convert doc file to pdf. I got it
working when I put the url which has file name as the query string in
the browser but when I call that asp file through the java application
I am getting 401 unauthorized xxx exception.
I am using weblogic 7 as the app server and IIS as the web server and
Adobe acrobat 6 which has pdf distiller in it. The problem is when the
asp file tries to create the
Server.createObject(pdfdistiller.pdfdistiller.1), since it is a third
party component, the machine doesnt allow me to create the object, I
guess I am not sure, but I got it working when I put the virtual
folder security anonymous user as domain admin but if i give any other
user name it is giving the exception 401 unauthorized exception. Is
there any other way I can give someother user name

Thanks In Advance,
Jayakumar.

Jeff Cochran

On 8 Oct 2004 18:44:37 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jayakumar) wrote:

>I am trying to convert a word document to pdf file from java for
>this, I am using a asp file to convert doc file to pdf. I got it
>working when I put the url which has file name as the query string in
>the browser but when I call that asp file through the java application
>I am getting 401 unauthorized xxx exception.
>I am using weblogic 7 as the app server and IIS as the web server and
>Adobe acrobat 6 which has pdf distiller in it. The problem is when the
>asp file tries to create the
>Server.createObject(pdfdistiller.pdfdistiller.1 ), since it is a third
>party component, the machine doesnt allow me to create the object, I
>guess I am not sure, but I got it working when I put the virtual
>folder security anonymous user as domain admin but if i give any other
>user name it is giving the exception 401 unauthorized exception. Is
>there any other way I can give someother user name

The anonymous user needs permission to the object and the location it
is creating the file.

Jeff

Jayakumar Selvaraju

Hi Jeff Thank You for your reply

"The anonymous user needs permission to the object and the location it
is creating the file."

I did gave the permission as domain admin user it is working but that
may be a security risk , so i dont want to give that permission , I just
want to give ordinary user permission or at the maximum local
administrator permission and also If you can tell me how to set the
permission it will be very great.