Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > protecting non-asp files

protecting non-asp files

Hi all,

Can anybody let me know how to protect pdf files from being accessed after the session has ended.(by typing the url).

If u could point to some code examples, that would be great.

Thanks,
kitty

-----------------------------
This message is posted by http://asp.forumszone.com

Bob Barrows [MVP]

> Hi all,
>
> Can anybody let me know how to protect pdf files from being accessed
> after the session has ended.(by typing the url).
>
> If u could point to some code examples, that would be great.

Put them in a folder outside of wwwroot
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

>> Can anybody let me know how to protect pdf files by typing the url.
>>

> Put them in a folder outside of wwwroot

And then you can return them with code such as this. (This particular
example is for "streaming" images back, but the same can be done with pdf
files as well.)
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2276

Ray at home

Protecting files tshad ASP .Net 1 12-23-2005 09:58 PM
Protecting files on the server. UJ ASP .Net 18 12-21-2005 08:33 PM
Protecting files wallacej C++ 5 05-19-2005 03:37 PM
Protecting computer files and IE data Parko Computer Support 2 05-10-2004 10:09 AM
Protecting image files Ryan Moore ASP .Net 4 04-16-2004 08:12 PM

Advertisments