Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Error object

Error object

Lars Mollerup

Hello ev'body!

I'm reading 'ASP in a nutshell' and i'm trying out the error trapping
features. The book says that from ASP 3.0 on there is a server object method
called GetLastError. It also advocates this beiing the best way of analyzing
errors.

I do not have this method on my IIS installation. (All the other ASP code I
run according to the book is ok).

I have Windows NT 4.00.1381 and IIS 4.0 (Is my IIS version to old?) If this
is the case what is the best approach in trapping errors?

TIA

Lars Mollerup
NIVA, Norway

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Lars Mollerup wrote:
> Hello ev'body!
>
> I'm reading 'ASP in a nutshell' and i'm trying out the error trapping
> features. The book says that from ASP 3.0 on there is a server object
> method called GetLastError. It also advocates this beiing the best
> way of analyzing errors.
>
> I do not have this method on my IIS installation. (All the other ASP
> code I run according to the book is ok).
>
> I have Windows NT 4.00.1381 and IIS 4.0 (Is my IIS version to old?)

Yes. That object was introduced with IIS5.

> If this is the case what is the best approach in trapping errors?

There is none. Just muddle along the way the rest of us still using IIS4
have to do.

On Error Resume Next
<statement that could potentially raise error>
If err <> 0 then
<handle the error>
end if

Bob Barrows