Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Hyperlinking in a returned recordset

Hyperlinking in a returned recordset

Micromanaged

I have a customers table in my database (SQL 2k) with a column called
[E-mail]. What I would like to set up (if possible) is to have the ASP
page, as it returns the requested recordset, if it has an email address
to display the email address as a hyperlink (i.e. mailto:
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)) while showing the email address so the end users
can just click on the email address field and have it pull up a new mail
message with the To: address filled in.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

If it were just static HTML, what would you do? <a
href="mailto(E-Mail Removed)">(E-Mail Removed)</a>, right? Well, part of
the function of ASP is to return HTML, so just have it return HTML like that
by just substituting the hard-coded e-mail address for a variable that
represents it. For example:

<%
sEmail = yourRecordset.Fields.Item(0).Value
%>

Ray at work

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...