Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Select directory for upload using SoftArtisans FileUp

Select directory for upload using SoftArtisans FileUp

kbrad

I am trying to use SoftArtisans FileUp Professional to upload a directory. I
have found some sample code to help but you have to type in the directory
name when you run the page.
I want to use a form in the same way as for a file upload to browse and
select my directory for upload.
Anyone know how to code this?
Also are there any good places other than the official SA site to go for
help with sample code?

Roland Hall

"kbrad" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: I am trying to use SoftArtisans FileUp Professional to upload a directory.
: have found some sample code to help but you have to type in the directory
: name when you run the page.
: I want to use a form in the same way as for a file upload to browse and
: select my directory for upload.
: Anyone know how to code this?
: Also are there any good places other than the official SA site to go for
: help with sample code?

kbrad...

You don't upload directories. You upload files. It's usually a good idea
to start your support search at the vendor's site:
http://support.softartisans.com/support-118.aspx

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

kbrad

fI'm afraid you are misinformed as this particular package does allow you to
select a directory and upload the entire contents - files and subdirectories.
I have look quite extensively on the SoftArtisans site and in the samples
they send with the evaluation sotware but can not find anything to help with
the issue of browsing to select a directory.

Can anyone else help?

"Roland Hall" wrote:

> "kbrad" wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> : I am trying to use SoftArtisans FileUp Professional to upload a directory.
> : have found some sample code to help but you have to type in the directory
> : name when you run the page.
> : I want to use a form in the same way as for a file upload to browse and
> : select my directory for upload.
> : Anyone know how to code this?
> : Also are there any good places other than the official SA site to go for
> : help with sample code?
>
> kbrad...
>
> You don't upload directories. You upload files. It's usually a good idea
> to start your support search at the vendor's site:
> http://support.softartisans.com/support-118.aspx
>

> --
> Roland Hall
> WSH 5.6 Documentation - http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/list/webdev.asp

Roland Hall

"kbrad" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: fI'm afraid you are misinformed as this particular package does allow you
: select a directory and upload the entire contents - files and
subdirectories.
: I have look quite extensively on the SoftArtisans site and in the samples
: they send with the evaluation sotware but can not find anything to help
with
: the issue of browsing to select a directory.
:
: Can anyone else help?

kbrad...

It is impossible to upload a directory or subdirectory. A directory
structure can be recreated/duplicated but it cannot be transferred.
Uploading the contents of a directory is still uploading files.

http://support.softartisans.com/support-118.aspx
Free support. On an as available basis only, we will answer inquiries
submitted via Web, e-mail or phone.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Roland Hall

"kbrad" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: fI'm afraid you are misinformed as this particular package does allow you
: select a directory and upload the entire contents - files and
subdirectories.
: I have look quite extensively on the SoftArtisans site and in the samples
: they send with the evaluation sotware but can not find anything to help
with
: the issue of browsing to select a directory.

Probably worth reading...
http://fileup.softartisans.com/fileup-120.aspx

All your answers are in here:
http://support.softartisans.com/docs...er/default.asp

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

lexic0n

I'm not sure if you're still interested in doing this, but it can be
accomplished by using JFile, a component you can download from SA along
with FileUp Pro. It is no longer officially supported by SA, but it
does allow users to select a directory, and all its subdirectories, for
upload. FileUp uses the "SaveRecursive" method instead of the "Save"
methos used for uploading individual files.

HTH!