Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Data Grid

Data Grid

Rajani

Hello,
I need to enter many entries at a time related to my production. Like
operatorID,operationNO,qty,nohours bla bla
I already designed page. But its used to enter one record at a time. I want
to allow user to enter all operators details for a specific date at a time. I
tried using ADO Connection and ADO recordset. When set the properties, its
displaying error. Its not connecting to database.
How can i use this? or is there any tool having this feature for free? I am
using access database. I want to use this in my LAN only.

Thanx in advance

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

From your subject line, I'm assuming that you're using ASP.NET. This group
is a "classic" ASP group, so you probably won't find your answer here. I
suggest posting in an ASP.NET group, such as
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.datagridc ontrol. When you do, say
what the error is and what code is producing it! "displaying error" isn't
descriptive enough.

Ray at home

"Rajani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I need to enter many entries at a time related to my production. Like
> operatorID,operationNO,qty,nohours bla bla
> I already designed page. But its used to enter one record at a time. I
> want
> to allow user to enter all operators details for a specific date at a
> time. I
> tried using ADO Connection and ADO recordset. When set the properties, its
> displaying error. Its not connecting to database.
> How can i use this? or is there any tool having this feature for free? I
> am
> using access database. I want to use this in my LAN only.
>
> Thanx in advance

Mark Schupp

You will need to show the code that is not working and any error message
that is generated. Database structure would be helpful as well.

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development

"Rajani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I need to enter many entries at a time related to my production. Like
> operatorID,operationNO,qty,nohours bla bla
> I already designed page. But its used to enter one record at a time. I

want
> to allow user to enter all operators details for a specific date at a

time. I
> tried using ADO Connection and ADO recordset. When set the properties, its
> displaying error. Its not connecting to database.
> How can i use this? or is there any tool having this feature for free? I

am
> using access database. I want to use this in my LAN only.
>
> Thanx in advance

Rajani

Hello,
i am using classic ASP only.
I want to enter data at once related to specific date. The entry includes
checkbox, select control, text box bla bla. The select control options are
retrieved from database. I already designed page. But it is used to enter
only one record at a time. Instead, i want to enter all records belongs to
trans_date at once. Like Grid.

When i submit the form(grid) it checks for duplicates. I have primary key
column in the table. But its not only used for duplicate checking.

Table Structure:

indexno empid trdate opr_no qty pay_type overtime(Y/N) nohours
othours

Note: the same empid can have more than one record satisfying the condition
opr_no,pay_type,trdate(these must be different). Indexno is autonumber field.
I want to enter bulk data at a time.
I select trans_date and in the next form i want to show a grid to enter
empid, operation_no, qty, pay_type, nohours, ot(Y/N), othours