Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP?

Marc

What kind of server do I need to use ASP? I do not know anything about ASP
so.... Is there somewhere a good site to learn to work with ASP (I prefer in
Dutch)

Marc

Steven Burn

Any server that supports ASP will do (e.g. IIS - www.microsoft.com/iis -
comes with Windows 2000/XP Pro and Server 2003). I believe others such as
Apache, also support it, but they require an additional "plugin" to be
present first (can't remember the name of it unfortunately).

As for site's, the best one IMHO is ASPFAQ - www.aspfaq.com

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

"Marc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsjU7d.264705$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
> What kind of server do I need to use ASP? I do not know anything about ASP
> so.... Is there somewhere a good site to learn to work with ASP (I prefer

in
> Dutch)
>
> Marc

Roland Hall

"Steven Burn" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: Any server that supports ASP will do (e.g. IIS - www.microsoft.com/iis -
: comes with Windows 2000/XP Pro and Server 2003). I believe others such as
: Apache, also support it, but they require an additional "plugin" to be
: present first (can't remember the name of it unfortunately).

Sun's Chili!Soft but it is not completely compatible with IIS ASP.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Steven Burn

hehe, thats the one!!!..... (knew it had something to do with food, lol)

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Steven Burn" wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> : Any server that supports ASP will do (e.g. IIS - www.microsoft.com/iis -
> : comes with Windows 2000/XP Pro and Server 2003). I believe others such

as
> : Apache, also support it, but they require an additional "plugin" to be
> : present first (can't remember the name of it unfortunately).
>
> Sun's Chili!Soft but it is not completely compatible with IIS ASP.
>
> --
> Roland Hall
> WSH 5.6 Documentation -

Marc

Thanks for the information. I think I'll have to change my server? For this
moment I'm working with www.globat.com wich is very cheap and supports MYSQL
but no ASP...
Wich (cheap and good) server would you guys sugest?

Marc

"Marc" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
newsjU7d.264705$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
> What kind of server do I need to use ASP? I do not know anything about ASP
> so.... Is there somewhere a good site to learn to work with ASP (I prefer
> in Dutch)
>
> Marc

Steven Burn

Which version of Windows are you using?

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

"Marc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BLW7d.264826$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
> Thanks for the information. I think I'll have to change my server? For

this
> moment I'm working with www.globat.com wich is very cheap and supports

MYSQL
> but no ASP...
> Wich (cheap and good) server would you guys sugest?
>
> Marc
>

> "Marc" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> newsjU7d.264705$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
> > What kind of server do I need to use ASP? I do not know anything about

ASP
> > so.... Is there somewhere a good site to learn to work with ASP (I

prefer
> > in Dutch)
> >
> > Marc

Marc

I'm using Windows XP

Marc

"Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which version of Windows are you using?
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Steven Burn
> Ur I.T. Mate Group
> www.it-mate.co.uk
>
> Keeping it FREE!
>

> "Marc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:BLW7d.264826$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
>> Thanks for the information. I think I'll have to change my server? For

> this
>> moment I'm working with www.globat.com wich is very cheap and supports

> MYSQL
>> but no ASP...
>> Wich (cheap and good) server would you guys sugest?
>>
>> Marc
>>

>> "Marc" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
>> newsjU7d.264705$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
>> > What kind of server do I need to use ASP? I do not know anything about

> ASP
>> > so.... Is there somewhere a good site to learn to work with ASP (I

> prefer
>> > in Dutch)
>> >
>> > Marc

Steven Burn

Home or Pro? (XP Pro has IIS included already and I believe you can download
it from the MS site for Home?)

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

"Marc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3eZ7d.264937$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
> I'm using Windows XP
>
> Marc
>

> "Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Which version of Windows are you using?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Steven Burn
> > Ur I.T. Mate Group
> > www.it-mate.co.uk
> >
> > Keeping it FREE!
> >

> > "Marc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:BLW7d.264826$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
> >> Thanks for the information. I think I'll have to change my server? For

> > this
> >> moment I'm working with www.globat.com wich is very cheap and supports

> > MYSQL
> >> but no ASP...
> >> Wich (cheap and good) server would you guys sugest?
> >>
> >> Marc
> >>

> >> "Marc" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> >> newsjU7d.264705$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...

about
> > ASP

> > prefer

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

"Steven Burn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I believe you can download
> [IIS] from the MS site for Home?)

This was only true for a very brief period of time shortly after XP was
released. There is currently no supported way of installing IIS on XP Home.

Personally, I feel that if you're going to do professional things like
create Web applications, you should have a professional operating system.
:]

Ray at home

Steven Burn

> Personally, I feel that if you're going to do professional things like
> create Web applications, you should have a professional operating system.
> :]

hehe, so DOS is out of the question then? <g>

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group