Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How to run script after specified amount of time after login

How to run script after specified amount of time after login

vasanth kumar

Hi All,

Is it possible to run a script after specified amount of time after
login. I made an online test tool. I want to end the test after 20 minutes.
At present one who is writing the exam clicks this endtest script. I want to
handle this from software, if he takes more than the given time.

-Vasanth

Evertjan.

vasanth kumar wrote on 03 okt 2004 in
> Is it possible to run a script after specified amount of time after
> login. I made an online test tool. I want to end the test after 20
> minutes. At present one who is writing the exam clicks this endtest
> script. I want to handle this from software, if he takes more than the
> given time.

That is not really the ASP way, methinks. A serverside script that runs by
itself after 20 minutes, will not reach the client by itself.

My solution:

Set the datetime in a database at his logon and disallow any test action
after 20 minutes have passed, informing the user of the end of the test.

"Your test time [20 minutes] has elapsed, without you pressing 'finished'.
Please press the 'finished' button now for your results:"

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.