Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > sharing violation file may be in use

sharing violation file may be in use

Carlos Azevedo

After a ASP page call a DLL I cant't delete the DLL anymore.
"There has been a sharing violation file may be in use"

please help

Steven Burn

Are you destroying the object after you have created it?

e.g.

Set objSomething = Server.CreateObject("Whatever")

'// rest of your script

Set objSomething = Nothing

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

"Carlos Azevedo" <Carlos http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After a ASP page call a DLL I cant't delete the DLL anymore.
> "There has been a sharing violation file may be in use"
>

> please help

Manohar Kamath

If you are not using COM+, the DLL is loaded into IIS process space. If you
have registered the DLL with COM+, the DLL is loaded into a COM+ process
until it releases it (3 mins default).

So, depending on how you have registered the DLL, you can either

1. Stop IIS process, which releases the DLL. (use iisreset.exe)
2. Shutdown the COM+ package

After this, you should be able to delete the DLL. But before you do,
unregister it to avoid missing references.

--
Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netWire

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Sharing violation Tom Windows 64bit 1 09-12-2008 08:05 PM
file sharing violation. Which permission should I give to the directory and files? James ASP .Net 2 05-02-2006 05:22 PM
"sharing violation" eudora & Word moyo Computer Support 3 02-19-2004 06:18 AM
How to optionally use classes that may or may not be installed ? Sam Iam Java 0 01-31-2004 04:09 AM
sharing violation natural_4u A+ Certification 4 12-24-2003 04:48 AM

Advertisments