Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP/Javascript

ASP/Javascript

Hugh Welford

Hi
I am trying to use a 3rd party javascript function that checks a UK post
code. Can anyone tell me the syntax for calling a javascript function from
ASP in such a way as to capture the true or false return.

Thanks Hugh

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

I don't really follow. What do you mean? Code in an ASP block cannot
really interact with code that is destined for the browser, if that's what
you mean. To ASP, <script type="text/javascript">function whatever()
{...}</script> is no more meaningful than a string of characters like
KJAKJSJDFJNAJlkjalksjdoiJlkjflkjaodsijAJ;DSF. It's just part of the
response being sent back. Can you explain what you're trying to do in a
more specific way?

Ray at home

news:(E-Mail Removed)...