Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Indexing Service returns bad texts in asp-solution.

Indexing Service returns bad texts in asp-solution.

Martin Emanuelsson

Hello.

I have a problem with a small asp-solution that searches for documents with
indexing service. For some files in the search result I get "bad text"
returned, such as
I$OYDURSURGXFWVSURGXFHGLQ0H[LFR/DERUDWRU\5HSRUW/DERUDWRU\2UGHUHU5HVSRQVLEOH6
WDWXV)HPLQLQH*27-RKDQVVRQ6XVDQQH)LQDO'DWH)LQDO3URMHFW3URMHFW1DPH&RV WSODFH9HU
1R$9$523'36XPPDU\7KHUHVXOWV5XQ2II7KHSURGXFWVWKDWZH UHSURGXFHGZHUHEDG7KHVXUIDF
HPDWHULDOZDVK\GURSKRELFDQGDOOWKHSURGXFWVKDGUXQRII6 HHSLFWXUH7KHSURGXFWVWKDWSU
RGXFHGZHUHJRRG,WZDVWKHVDPHSURGXFWVWKDWSURGXFHGEXWZ LWKVSXQERQG%XURSHVXUIDFHPD
WHULDO7KHSURGXFWVKDGIDVWLQOHWJRRGVSUHDGLQJLQWKHFRU HDQGQRUXQRII'RVLPDW7KHSURG
XFWSURGXFHGZDVEDG6HYHUDORIWKHSURGX

while other files returns "good text" like this:
Feminine 865106-Date Final Projectname Orderer 2004-06-02 ALVARO PDP
Johansson Susanne Distributed to: Internal test Alvaro v. 20-21 Summary
Mission Background Comments Conclusion Test methods Test objects Sample No:
20040527-001-01 Alvaro Labrep 2_2.rep SEBJOIS 2004-03-17 Printed by:
labreporter 2004-06-02 15:51:51Laboratory Report No:20040527-001 Rev: 1
Status:Final Brand /Name SABA Ultr

Parts of the code that I use looks like this, more or less:

set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
set objIndex = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
objConnection.ConnectionString = "Provider=MSIDXS;"
objConnection.ConnectionTimeout = 0
objConnection.Open
strSQL = "SELECT Characterization, Filename, Path FROM
se_got_data.limspdf..SCOPE() WHERE "

objIndex.Open strSQL, objConnection

do until objIndex.EOF
Response.write objIndex("Characterization")
objIndex.MoveNext
loop
objConnection.Close
Set objConnection = nothing

The problem seems to be this Characterization-part. Has anyone experienced
anything like this before??

Best regards
Martin

Hilary Cotter

what files are returning this gibberish? Also can you check to ensure that
the index files with unknown extensions is not checked.

--
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?

"Martin Emanuelsson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23H$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello.
>
> I have a problem with a small asp-solution that searches for documents

with
> indexing service. For some files in the search result I get "bad text"
> returned, such as
> ************************************************** ****

I$OYDURSURGXFWVSURGXFHGLQ0H[LFR/DERUDWRU\5HSRUW/DERUDWRU\2UGHUHU5HVSRQVLEOH6

WDWXV)HPLQLQH*27-RKDQVVRQ6XVDQQH)LQDO'DWH)LQDO3URMHFW3URMHFW1DPH&RV WSODFH9HU

1R$9$523'36XPPDU\7KHUHVXOWV5XQ2II7KHSURGXFWVWKDWZH UHSURGXFHGZHUHEDG7KHVXUIDF

HPDWHULDOZDVK\GURSKRELFDQGDOOWKHSURGXFWVKDGUXQRII6 HHSLFWXUH7KHSURGXFWVWKDWSU

RGXFHGZHUHJRRG,WZDVWKHVDPHSURGXFWVWKDWSURGXFHGEXWZ LWKVSXQERQG%XURSHVXUIDFHPD

WHULDO7KHSURGXFWVKDGIDVWLQOHWJRRGVSUHDGLQJLQWKHFRU HDQGQRUXQRII'RVLPDW7KHSURG
> XFWSURGXFHGZDVEDG6HYHUDORIWKHSURGX
> ************************************************** ****
>
> while other files returns "good text" like this:
> ************************************************** ****
> Feminine 865106-Date Final Projectname Orderer 2004-06-02 ALVARO PDP
> Johansson Susanne Distributed to: Internal test Alvaro v. 20-21 Summary
> Mission Background Comments Conclusion Test methods Test objects Sample

No:
> 20040527-001-01 Alvaro Labrep 2_2.rep SEBJOIS 2004-03-17 Printed by:
> labreporter 2004-06-02 15:51:51Laboratory Report No:20040527-001 Rev: 1
> Status:Final Brand /Name SABA Ultr
> ************************************************** ****
>
> Parts of the code that I use looks like this, more or less:
>
> ************************************************** ****
> set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
> set objIndex = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
> objConnection.ConnectionString = "Provider=MSIDXS;"
> objConnection.ConnectionTimeout = 0
> objConnection.Open
> strSQL = "SELECT Characterization, Filename, Path FROM
> se_got_data.limspdf..SCOPE() WHERE "
>
> objIndex.Open strSQL, objConnection
>
> do until objIndex.EOF
> Response.write objIndex("Characterization")
> objIndex.MoveNext
> loop
> objConnection.Close
> Set objConnection = nothing
> ************************************************** ****
>
> The problem seems to be this Characterization-part. Has anyone experienced
> anything like this before??
>
> Best regards
> Martin

Martin Emanuelsson

Hello Hilary.

The files that I'm searching in are all PDF's.

Could you please explain the unknown extensions part a little bit more, not
quite sure what this is.

/Martin

news:(E-Mail Removed)...