Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > cdonts javascript problem

cdonts javascript problem

Savas Ates

im sending email with cdonts.. my mail format is html format..

and also in my mail code there are html and javascript codes. i open my mail
with outlook it works..
but im sending it to hotmail or yahoo emails the browser doesnt interpret it
writes javascript codes like a text on screen. how can i solve it?

Patrice

IMO you can't. Likely done as a safety measure.
You may want to check but I would avoid JavaScript in mails as it's likely
be blocked...

Patrice

--

"Savas Ates" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> im sending email with cdonts.. my mail format is html format..
>
> and also in my mail code there are html and javascript codes. i open my

mail
> with outlook it works..
> but im sending it to hotmail or yahoo emails the browser doesnt interpret

it
> writes javascript codes like a text on screen. how can i solve it?

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

> im sending email with cdonts.

Use CDO.Message. CDONTS has been deprecated, and you will have to migrate
your code at some point anyway.
http://www.aspfaq.com/2026

> but im sending it to hotmail or yahoo emails the browser doesnt
> interpret it writes javascript codes like a text on screen.

You can't change the way hotmail and yahoo render e-mail content to their
users (hint: this has absolutely nothing to do with ASP or CDONTS!). Simple
solution: don't send HTML and JavaScript! These things are blocked in many
places for a reason.

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)