Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Popup instead of Javascript Alert

Popup instead of Javascript Alert

SibAndela

Two little challenges:
1. I would like to achieve the equivalent of a client side javascript alert
popup from server side code. Any suggestion how I can do this?
2. How can I cause a beep at clientside from serverside code?

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?U2liQW5kZWxh?= wrote on 25 sep 2004 in

> Two little challenges:
> 1. I would like to achieve the equivalent of a client side javascript
> alert popup from server side code. Any suggestion how I can do this?

You cannot.
Serverside code only runs on the server.

> 2. How can I cause a beep at clientside from serverside code?

You cannot.
Serverside code only runs on the server.

You can only have ASP serverside code make an html cum clientside code
page, that has those functions, but that doesn't seem to be what you want.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

SibAndela

What I would like is to cause a popup on the client (a second page if
necessary) initiated or redirected from the the server side code.

"Evertjan." wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?U2liQW5kZWxh?= wrote on 25 sep 2004 in
>
> > Two little challenges:
> > 1. I would like to achieve the equivalent of a client side javascript
> > alert popup from server side code. Any suggestion how I can do this?

> You cannot.
> Serverside code only runs on the server.
>
> > 2. How can I cause a beep at clientside from serverside code?

> You cannot.
> Serverside code only runs on the server.
>
> You can only have ASP serverside code make an html cum clientside code
> page, that has those functions, but that doesn't seem to be what you want.
>

> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.
> (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress,
> but let us keep the discussions in the newsgroup)

Joker

Once again the server has no idea what a "window" is.

This makes it so that the server can't do that.

This is a question that should be asked in a client side script group.

Here are two newsgroups where you should be asking this sort of question.

microsoft.public.scripting.jscript

comp.lang.javascript

SibAndela wrote:

> What I would like is to cause a popup on the client (a second page if
> necessary) initiated or redirected from the the server side code.

swp

SibAndela <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Two little challenges:
> 1. I would like to achieve the equivalent of a client side javascript alert
> popup from server side code. Any suggestion how I can do this?
> 2. How can I cause a beep at clientside from serverside code?

Use javascript, in particular the "window.open" call is what you are looking for.

swp