Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > asp.net "invalid file name for monitoring"

asp.net "invalid file name for monitoring"

Ron

I am trying to run asp.net pages. The server is accessed
via http://sitename/username

I have verified it is using port 80 and aspx extensions
are configured. But when I run and asp.net page I get the
following error:

Invalid file name for monitoring: 'E:\'. File names for
monitoring must have absolute paths, and no wildcards.
execution of the current web request. Please review the
stack trace for more information about the error and where
it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Invalid file
name for monitoring: 'E:\'. File names for monitoring must
have absolute paths, and no wildcards.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution
of the current web request. Information regarding the
origin and location of the exception can be identified
using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80070057): Invalid file name for
monitoring: 'E:\'. File names for monitoring must have
absolute paths, and no wildcards.]
System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.StartMonitoringPath
(String alias, FileChangeEventHandler callback) +611
System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency.Init(Boolean
isPublic, Boolean isSensitive, String[] filenamesArg,
String[] cachekeysArg, CacheDependency dependency,
DateTime utcStart) +1535
System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency..ctor(Boolean
isSensitive, String[] filenames, DateTime utcStart) +50

System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationSystem.G etCacheDe
pendencies(Hashtable cachedeps, DateTime utcStart) +151

System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationSystem.C omposeCon
fig(String reqPath, IHttpMapPath configmap) +697
System.Web.HttpContext.GetCompleteConfigRecord(Str ing
reqpath, IHttpMapPath configmap) +434
System.Web.HttpContext.GetCompleteConfig() +48
System.Web.HttpContext.GetConfig(String name) +195
System.Web.CustomErrors.GetSettings(HttpContext
context, Boolean canThrow) +20
System.Web.HttpResponse.ReportRuntimeError(Excepti on e,
Boolean canThrow) +40
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FinishRequest(HttpWorkerReq uest
wr, HttpContext context, Exception e) +480

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Ron wrote:
> I am trying to run asp.net pages.

question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"